Old March 3rd 05, 04:07 PM

Default Y.S. audio "images".

Following the thread on Y.S (teh now defunct pirate) and the mention
of the odd data bursts before each out burst. I followed one of the
links
and ended up at the GRAM homepage.
Gram is a nifty FFT display program. I have an often use V5 and haven't
checked them out in years.
He has a link to a file that "decodes" to display an image when viewed
with the Gram FFT program.
Here is the link to the FFT image display:
http://www.visualizationsoftware.com...jpeg/face2.jpg
Here is the link to the newest shareware version of gram:
http://www.visualizationsoftware.com/gram/gramdl.html
(The software expires in 10 days.)
And here is the link to the actual "equation.wav" file:
http://www.visualizationsoftware.com...example15.html
Yu will have to click on the WAV button and download it.
Install gram and drop the equation wav file on to it.
Very interesting.
I wish I had recorded some of the data bursts from Y.S.
If, and I have no idea, Y.S. went to this much trouble,
for what is almost an inside joke, he must be very bright
and very dumb at the same time.
I am going to add checking the odd FSK sigs I receive on HF
for this type of "hidden" data.
You have to admit that this is an different use for audio.
As I read the thread I thought the idea of using a audio file to
carry an image as FFT data to be "out there". I guess we can think
of it as another form of FAX or SSTV.
Terry

Old March 3rd 05, 04:13 PM
dxAce

[...]

I've wondered whether it was actually a digital signal at all or whether it was
just the noise that was possibly made by the pull toy the fellow got the
recording from.

Maybe we'll find out one of these days.

dxAce
Michigan