Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 3rd 05, 04:07 PM

Default Y.S. audio "images".

Following the thread on Y.S (teh now defunct pirate) and the mention
of the odd data bursts before each out burst. I followed one of the
links
and ended up at the GRAM homepage.
Gram is a nifty FFT display program. I have an often use V5 and haven't
checked them out in years.
He has a link to a file that "decodes" to display an image when viewed
with the Gram FFT program.
Here is the link to the FFT image display:
http://www.visualizationsoftware.com...jpeg/face2.jpg
Here is the link to the newest shareware version of gram:
http://www.visualizationsoftware.com/gram/gramdl.html
(The software expires in 10 days.)
And here is the link to the actual "equation.wav" file:
http://www.visualizationsoftware.com...example15.html
Yu will have to click on the WAV button and download it.
Install gram and drop the equation wav file on to it.
Very interesting.
I wish I had recorded some of the data bursts from Y.S.
If, and I have no idea, Y.S. went to this much trouble,
for what is almost an inside joke, he must be very bright
and very dumb at the same time.
I am going to add checking the odd FSK sigs I receive on HF
for this type of "hidden" data.
You have to admit that this is an different use for audio.
As I read the thread I thought the idea of using a audio file to
carry an image as FFT data to be "out there". I guess we can think
of it as another form of FAX or SSTV.
Terry