Old March 3rd 05, 08:51 PM
Burr

Default My Tenna didn't work so well!!!

YUP,
I got me one of those "Tiny Tenna" thingys and had a lot of trouble with
it. I went down to the Radio shack and got me some plugs and it works a
little better.

I got me an adaptor so my headset would plug into the little plug that
came with it then I hung the long thingy to the top of my drape in the front
window of my trailer where I can watch the neighbors come and go and so they
could see my new "Shortwave RADIO".
I took an alligator clamp and a few feet of wire and hooked one end to
the trailer hatch and then moved the clip up and down the long wire thingy
until I got a station.
The reception ain't to good here in the park but the neighbors think it
works great, I just smile and adjust the wires a little. I hope Bill is
going to put a volume control on his new version.

Burr
I'm a Democrat because my father was.

Old March 3rd 05, 10:35 PM

- Well, since it cost about as much as two movie tickets, it's worth
the entertainment value to get one &
hook it up between a longwire and a cheap Shortwave radio..
by God, you can pick up Stations all OVER the world...
& Gypsy caps, & Air planes going over head, & boats going By

Heck.. Might not be Cutting edge technology , but it helps Bill feed
His Five Growing Sons..

Dan / NYC

I Voted Republican Because My Minister Told Me To...

Old March 4th 05, 02:49 AM
cupid

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:41:40 GMT, m II wrote:

wrote:

I Voted Republican Because My Minister Told Me To...

I voted Bush because I'm possessed by the devil.

mike

I name is mII because I love running around in a Tstorm with a metal
dildo up my ass!
Old March 4th 05, 03:33 AM
Lloyd Davies - Supreme TimeLORD

YOU LEAVE THE TINY-TENNA ALONE!

IT ALONE WILL SAVE YOU FROM A EVIL DALEK INVASION!!!!

Lloyd Davies, Supreme TimeLORD
Talk Show Host "On the Domestic Front"
Nim Buster of the year - 2004
http://www.network54.com/Forum/391414
http://www.halturnershow.com/

Old March 4th 05, 03:35 AM
cupid

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:51:47 GMT, "Burr" wrote:

[...]

did u try pulling it outta your butt before you used it?
Old March 4th 05, 04:09 AM
Telamon

In article DNKVd.74185$uc.34272@trnddc04, "Burr"
wrote:

YUP, I got me one of those "Tiny Tenna" thingys and had a lot of
trouble with it. I went down to the Radio shack and got me some plugs
and it works a little better.

I got me an adaptor so my headset would plug into the little plug
that came with it then I hung the long thingy to the top of my drape
in the front window of my trailer where I can watch the neighbors
come and go and so they could see my new "Shortwave RADIO".

I took an alligator clamp and a few feet of wire and hooked one end
to the trailer hatch and then moved the clip up and down the long
wire thingy until I got a station. The reception ain't to good here
in the park but the neighbors think it works great, I just smile and
adjust the wires a little. I hope Bill is going to put a volume
control on his new version.

Try moving the antenna wire outside the trailer.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 4th 05, 02:25 PM
Burr

wrote:

[...]

I voted right, I voted Republican.
Long Live the Republican Party

Old March 4th 05, 11:37 PM

If you don't like MFJ products,go buy a Tiny-Tenna.
cuhulin

How to work satelites? [email protected] General 3 December 13th 04 08:28 PM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Policy 0 November 9th 04 04:54 PM
Here it is-BPL full rollout in Va Brian Kelly Policy 459 December 2nd 03 12:40 PM
R/S Solderless BNC Connectors: How Can They Possibly Work Well ? Robert11 Antenna 10 November 22nd 03 11:46 PM
Geller Media [email protected] Broadcasting 0 September 19th 03 09:03 PM