Old March 4th 05, 10:17 PM
running dogg

Default Newsreader problems...my apologies

I'm having a problem with my newsreader-it keeps timing out on messages
and marking them as unsent when in fact they have been sent. I didn't
realize this until just now. That's why my post on Radio Farda appears
four times, and my response to dxAce's post on YS appears twice. I
apologize for cluttering up the newsgroup with unnecessary posts-this is
my computer's (or possibly my news server's) fault.

Old March 5th 05, 04:42 PM
uncle arnie

running dogg wrote:

I'm having a problem with my newsreader-it keeps timing out on messages
and marking them as unsent when in fact they have been sent. I didn't
realize this until just now. That's why my post on Radio Farda appears
four times, and my response to dxAce's post on YS appears twice. I
apologize for cluttering up the newsgroup with unnecessary posts-this is
my computer's (or possibly my news server's) fault.

News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy
via Encryption =----

This may also be a problem with the "Noworyta News Reader/2.9" that you are
using. It may not interact very well with your ISP's news server. This is
not a commonly used application and may have support problems. I certainly
understand the wish to not use Micro$oft program though. (Computers really
don't need Gates or Window$ IMHO).
Old March 5th 05, 05:07 PM
running dogg

uncle arnie wrote:

running dogg wrote:

[...]

This newsreader is the only online newsreader I could find at the time I
bought my computer (2002) and it was free, so what do you expect. Every
so often I can't access my server AT ALL, one time it wouldn't access it
for three days. Most newsreaders are "offline" which means they download
everything on the group and cache it on your computer, and never purge
the old articles so you end up looking at old articles all the time. I
don't like that. So this newsreader was the only online one I could find
on Tucows.

Old March 5th 05, 06:06 PM
uncle arnie

running dogg wrote:

uncle arnie wrote:

running dogg wrote:

[...]

When I used to use Window$ I tried the 'forte free agent' and mozilla, which
is now thunderbird. I believe you can do the online thing with the free
agent. I'm on Linux for quite a while, but someone else may have
suggestions. I certainly appreciate the problem.

OT - TELEPHONE PROBLEMS Keith Hosman KC8TCQ CB 0 June 30th 04 11:36 PM
Sangean Problems? DeWayne Shortwave 11 March 10th 04 10:36 PM
BC296D trunking problems Tim Scanner 5 January 17th 04 08:16 AM
Any RF problems with Mercury Sable/Ford Taurus? VHFRadioBuff Equipment 0 January 13th 04 04:01 PM
AM or Shortwave Reception Problems ? RHF Shortwave 3 September 4th 03 05:55 AM