Old March 5th 05, 09:38 PM
Telamon

Default Propagation today a little on the weak side

Hasn't been that great for me today. I noticed that the solar wind
magnetic field direction is opposing the earths magnetic field. This is
never a good thing for propagation.

http://www.sec.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html

Radio Netherlands was comparatively weak and noisy today out of the
Antilles instead of being very strong and sounding like a local station.

Only 17,725 from the Antilles was strong where 17,810 and 15,315 were
weak. 17,875 from the Sackville was very strong as usual.

Australia and NZ have not faired very well so far today with 17,675 for
NZ being the best so far today.

In about half hour I'll see how RA does on 21,740 22:00 to 0:00 UTC.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 5th 05, 10:00 PM
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

Hasn't been that great for me today. I noticed that the solar wind
magnetic field direction is opposing the earths magnetic field. This is
never a good thing for propagation.

http://www.sec.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html

Radio Netherlands was comparatively weak and noisy today out of the
Antilles instead of being very strong and sounding like a local station.

Only 17,725 from the Antilles was strong where 17,810 and 15,315 were
weak. 17,875 from the Sackville was very strong as usual.

Australia and NZ have not faired very well so far today with 17,675 for
NZ being the best so far today.

In about half hour I'll see how RA does on 21,740 22:00 to 0:00 UTC.

Not much of a signal here on 21740 at 2159 s/on, but certainly listenable.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 5th 05, 10:04 PM
Telamon

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

Hasn't been that great for me today. I noticed that the solar wind
magnetic field direction is opposing the earths magnetic field. This is
never a good thing for propagation.

http://www.sec.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html

Radio Netherlands was comparatively weak and noisy today out of the
Antilles instead of being very strong and sounding like a local station.

Only 17,725 from the Antilles was strong where 17,810 and 15,315 were
weak. 17,875 from the Sackville was very strong as usual.

Australia and NZ have not faired very well so far today with 17,675 for
NZ being the best so far today.

In about half hour I'll see how RA does on 21,740 22:00 to 0:00 UTC.

RA starting out very weak on 21,740 22:00 UTC. Time will tell will if
the signal picks up a bit throughout the broadcast segment.

This is normally a very good signal to southern California.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 6th 05, 07:31 AM
Telamon

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

Hasn't been that great for me today. I noticed that the solar wind
magnetic field direction is opposing the earths magnetic field. This is
never a good thing for propagation.

http://www.sec.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html

Radio Netherlands was comparatively weak and noisy today out of the
Antilles instead of being very strong and sounding like a local station.

Only 17,725 from the Antilles was strong where 17,810 and 15,315 were
weak. 17,875 from the Sackville was very strong as usual.

Australia and NZ have not faired very well so far today with 17,675 for
NZ being the best so far today.

In about half hour I'll see how RA does on 21,740 22:00 to 0:00 UTC.

RA starting out very weak on 21,740 22:00 UTC. Time will tell will if
the signal picks up a bit throughout the broadcast segment.

This is normally a very good signal to southern California.

Just before the end of the broadcast at 00:00 the RA signal level was up
to average S6 and sounding fair.

RA is S10 on 13,630 from 07:00 to 07:30 so far.

No sign of NZ on 9885 at this time for me.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 6th 05, 08:06 AM
Telamon

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

[...]

NZ went from zip to S9 at 08:00 UTC. They were supposed to be on 9885
since 07:28 UTC.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Propagation dxAce Shortwave 0 January 14th 05 11:22 PM
Propagation dxAce Shortwave 0 December 30th 04 07:39 PM
Propagation dxAce Shortwave 1 December 25th 04 12:11 PM
NW7US Propagation Bulletin - 28-X-2003 Alert Tomas Dx 0 October 28th 03 09:15 PM
NW7US Propagation Bulletin - 28-X-2003 Alert Tomas Dx 0 October 28th 03 09:15 PM