Old March 6th 05, 09:22 PM
Smokey

Default Quick question

I just hung about 200 feet of wire in a straight line .

Would there be any benifit to doubling back?

I ran out of property space..

Thanks,
The Other Smokey

Old March 6th 05, 09:30 PM
Burr

NO BUT,
Make a "L" around a corner. This will help a lot

--
Burr
I voted right, I voted Republican.

oups.com...

Old March 6th 05, 09:34 PM
Smokey

Got it, Burr!
Thank You!

I'll go run some more wire before it gets dark outside
I can go left with it maybe 150 feet or so
Smokey

Old March 6th 05, 09:39 PM
Telamon

In article .com,
"Smokey" wrote:

I just hung about 200 feet of wire in a straight line .

Would there be any benifit to doubling back?

I ran out of property space..

That depends. If you double it back next to the length of wire already
run then it will not do much of anything. However, you could make a loop
out of it. As an example if you already have a 200 foot run to the back
of the yard you could then continue it across the back of the yard and
then back to the house.

You would have created a triangular loop with three sides of more than
400 feet. That is a good size loop. The ends of the loop would be
connected to the inner and outer coax conductors. Which end loop is
connect to the inner conductor probably does not matter except for the
local noise it will pick up.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old March 6th 05, 10:00 PM
Burr

In and OUT, what are you talking about???
I only have one jack and I run a long wire and if I run a loop I would
still only use one end and be sure to slope it so the sigs don't hit at the
say time.

Burr

Old March 6th 05, 10:05 PM
Telamon

The inner (center) and outer conductor (shield) of the coax. Generally
there will be no preference as to which way the loop is connected.

In article W3LWd.41917$uc.5522@trnddc01, "Burr"
wrote:

In and OUT, what are you talking about???
I only have one jack and I run a long wire and if I run a loop I would
still only use one end and be sure to slope it so the sigs don't hit at the
say time.

Burr

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.

Old March 6th 05, 10:11 PM
Burr

I run the shield to ground, common ground.

Burr

wrote:

In and OUT, what are you talking about???
I only have one jack and I run a long wire and if I run a loop I
would
still only use one end and be sure to slope it so the sigs don't hit at
the
say time.

Burr

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.

Old March 6th 05, 10:14 PM
Telamon

If you have an unbalanced or "half an antenna" or "Marconi type antenna"
that's the right thing to do but not for a balance antenna.

In article feLWd.41921$uc.37216@trnddc01, "Burr"
wrote:

I run the shield to ground, common ground.

Burr

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.

wrote:

In and OUT, what are you talking about???
I only have one jack and I run a long wire and if I run a loop I
would
still only use one end and be sure to slope it so the sigs don't hit at
the
say time.

Burr

"Telamon" wrote in message

m..
.

Old March 6th 05, 10:16 PM
Burr

AND,

I run naked wire, copper then splice it to the coax through the wall and
around the wires in the house to keep the EMF off the antenna. The ground
bleeds off any EMF that hits the lead.

Burr

wrote:

In and OUT, what are you talking about???
I only have one jack and I run a long wire and if I run a loop I
would
still only use one end and be sure to slope it so the sigs don't hit at
the
say time.

Burr

"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.
In article .com,
"Smokey" wrote:

[...]

Sangean DTV-200v - Quick Question Please RHF Shortwave 0 February 9th 05 04:33 AM
quick question Brian Shortwave 8 September 27th 04 03:38 PM
Quick inductor question... jim&julz Homebrew 12 December 20th 03 04:15 AM
Quick inductor question... jim&julz Homebrew 0 December 18th 03 11:58 PM