Old March 7th 05, 04:57 AM
Honus

Default Weird noises on 27725, 0450 UTC

Hard to describe...sort a schweep sound followed by three tick sounds. Very
steady and evenly spaced. It's as steady as a metronome with the schweep on
the 1, and ticks on the 2 3 4. It of course repeats, a little faster than
4/4 time. I'm picking this up in Seattle by the way, and none too clearly.
Is anyone else receiving this? Any idea what it is?

Old March 7th 05, 05:08 AM
Honus

"Honus" wrote in message
Hard to describe...sort a schweep sound followed by three tick sounds.

Very
steady and evenly spaced. It's as steady as a metronome with the schweep

on
the 1, and ticks on the 2 3 4. It of course repeats, a little faster than
4/4 time. I'm picking this up in Seattle by the way, and none too clearly.
Is anyone else receiving this? Any idea what it is?

It's now 0505 UTC, and the ticks faded out over the last few minutes. (They
were a wee bit fainter than the other sound.) About one minute ago the
"schweep" sound faded as well. (Schweep...that sounds SO scientific.) My
point is that it continued past the top of the hour, and since it's faded
altogether (at least here) I'm less inclined to think that it was some local
interference. Just some clues for anyone that can help me identify this.

WEIRD AL'S HATE RADIO stamplaw Broadcasting 12 February 2nd 05 06:28 AM
Weird noises on 6905 Honus Shortwave 4 September 11th 04 04:39 PM
weird audio noises and can not tune Dan Antenna 6 May 28th 04 04:49 PM
Question about all the weird sounds ... and antenna JSmith Shortwave 5 January 5th 04 04:35 AM