Old January 26th 05, 06:10 PM
stamplaw

Default WEIRD AL'S HATE RADIO

Some people like Fords and some people like Chevys. I hear hate and
venom when I listen to Rush, O'Reilly, Coulter and Ingraham. I guess
you deem those folks patriots. I don't.

The news this morning suggests the new bill for the war is up to $300
billion. Great. Any guess on what the final price tag will be? I'm not
talking about the vet benefits that will be paid out over the next 75
years, just for the immediate future. Isn't it starting to look like we
are going to have 150,000 Americans caught in the middle of a civil
war? This has the possibility of being the worst foreign policy
mistake in US history.

Winning an election does not include a grant of sainthood.

If Bush and company had told the American people "We are going to spend
a trillion dollars and have 5000 American deaths and another 25,000
wounded. What we will end up with is an Islamic Republic closely allied
with Iran." Would he have won the election?

I believe there is permenate injury being done to the country. Blame it
on Clinton.

Al Franken is not all that weird. The American people may get weird as
this scenario unfolds.

Old January 27th 05, 04:57 AM

I hear people comparing Rush Limbauigh and George W. Bush to the Nazis
all the time and it sickens me, since this administration has been the
most pro-minority Administration in over 100 years since
Reconstruction.
An African American woman has been nominated for Secretary of State.
A Jewish American has been nominated or Secretray of Homeland Security.
A Hispanic American has been selected at Attorney General.
I suppose the description of Al Franken as the Democrat's Goebbels was
less than gracious, but his lack of respect for opposing opinions is
fascistic. If Al Franken was our President, opposition figures would
face IRS audits, wiretapping, and would probably have other serious
problems . the man hates. I still suspect Clinton,as a jealous
husband, had something to do with the untimely demise of Vince Foster.
And you should read 'It Didn't Start With Watergate " By Victor Lasky.
But the description of the terrorists as Islamofascists is sound based
on their desire to install a clerical and totalitarian regime that
would be intolerant of other faiths...
Your folks do not know how fortunate itb is that John Kerry and Al
Gore never came to power in the face of Al Qaeda.

Old January 27th 05, 06:12 PM
Art Clemons

I hear people comparing Rush Limbauigh and George W. Bush to the Nazis
all the time and it sickens me, since this administration has been the
most pro-minority Administration in over 100 years since
Reconstruction.

Aren't you taking a rather provincial view of Bush and let's say
African-Americans. African-Americans in general don't seem to view
Bush or Limbaugh as someone with whom they agree and quite frankly
that's a good point of view. Bush does have some African-American
support but sadly most of it seems more interested in what money and
power it can gather ala Armstrong Williams or even the Reverend Lusk,
or sadly homophobia as a motivation.

Since you've already made up your mind that nothing Bush can do is
trending towards fascism, I won't ask just what else government able to
grab an individual and hold that individual without court proceedings
for three years is an indication of?

An African American woman has been nominated for Secretary of State.
A Jewish American has been nominated or Secretray of Homeland
Security. A Hispanic American has been selected at Attorney General.

What of these nominations, should the nomination of single individuals
really prove anything? How many African-Americans agree with
Condoleeza Rice? Aren't there issues with the Atty General nominee
that should worry most thinking folk like claiming that the Geneva
Conventions don't apply at the whim of the President (hint, the Geneva
protocols also cover folks who are not in uniform)

Old January 28th 05, 06:42 AM
Christopher C. Stacy

Art Clemons writes:
African-Americans in general don't seem to view
Bush or Limbaugh as someone with whom they agree

Didn't they just now vote for him, against Kerry, in record numbers?
(Oh, I forgot! It was all a fix. The past two elections were a fraud.
Bush was never legitimately elected.)

Old January 28th 05, 06:42 AM
Christopher C. Stacy

The most amusing thing I find in all this discussion
is the idea that most Republicans, or most people who
voted for George Bush, listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Old January 28th 05, 06:42 AM
Kimba W. Lion

Poor choice of words for your subject line. The name "Weird Al" belongs to
a completely different (and much funnier, and much more respectable)
entertainer.

(Yankovic, just in case I need to be perfectly clear.)

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Old January 28th 05, 05:41 PM

First, i am no racist. That's absurd, defamatory and ignorant.
Second, I am not a Republican automoton. I disagree with much of the
Patriot Act, the GOP position on stem cell research and I am strongly
in favor of gay marriage.
I am not a scholar of the Geneval Convention,.but I understand the"
ticking bomb "theory of torture and I think some light persuasion or
psych pressure on people who know about a vast terrorist network just
might save the lievs of innocent people.
As for the appointment of minorities to the Cabinet, the mere fact that
other minority group embers do not agree with them is irrelevant to the
fact that the GOP, whatever its flaws, is breakling new ground by
including representatives of these groups. that is to Bush's credit.
Finally, Mr. Huseein is being tried as a human rights criminal. His
emoval from office was morally justified even if our government had
some erroneous intelligence about WMD's. I can'rt see blaming Bush Rice
etc. for the mistakes of the
British intelliegcne that supplied the data.

Old January 29th 05, 06:49 PM
Art Clemons

Christopher C. Stacy wrote:

Didn't they just now vote for him, against Kerry, in record numbers?
(Oh, I forgot!**It*was*all*a*fix.**The*past*two*elections *were*a
fraud. Bush was never legitimately elected.)

I missed something somehow. African-Americans did not in general vote
for Bush even in the states where Bush got the most African-American
votes. Most of the African-American community seems to view Bush as a
horrendous mistake. Since you quoted me referring to
African-Americans, somehow you're trying for a non-sequitur that just
won't fly. Your point?