Old March 10th 05, 05:10 PM
bpnjensen

Is Radio Mil still there on 6010? I haven't listened in a couple
years.

Yepp - still there (as of last week). Messy area, though, around 6010.

Bruce Jensen

Old March 10th 05, 05:35 PM

The old bastid,cuhulin lets me come over here and use his webtv box so i
can keep up with my chitchat lady friends.he is in Bogalousa,Louisiana
right now,he has a gadget here that he bought somewhere that makes
sounds like crickets,waterfalls and about half a dozen other soothing
sounds.i am listenting to it right now.
~Alice~

Old March 10th 05, 06:23 PM
Les

atomicthumbs wrote:
Sometimes I use a radioteletype signal to lull myself to sleep.

Anyone
else do things like this?

About three minutes of Glenn Hauser and World of Radio in his monotone
will do it for me.

Les Locklear
Monitoring since ' 57
Monitoring from the Gulf of Mexico
Hammarlund R-274C/FRR (SP-600JX-14)
R-1051B/URR
Ten Tec RX-340
Alpha Delta Sloper
Quantum QX Loop
Various Longwires
CU-2279/BRC Multicoupler
http://www.hammarlund.info/homepage.html

Old March 10th 05, 07:16 PM
dxAce

Les wrote:

atomicthumbs wrote:
Sometimes I use a radioteletype signal to lull myself to sleep.

Anyone
else do things like this?

About three minutes of Glenn Hauser and World of Radio in his monotone
will do it for me.

Blasphemy!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 10th 05, 07:50 PM
Michael Lawson

"dxAce" wrote in message

Les wrote:

atomicthumbs wrote:
Sometimes I use a radioteletype signal to lull myself to sleep.

Anyone
else do things like this?

About three minutes of Glenn Hauser and World of Radio in his

monotone
will do it for me.

Blasphemy!

Heh heh heh. I've found myself nodding off in my chair
listening to HCJB in Spanish, or RFI in French, particularly
late in the evening after the kids are in bed.

--Mike L.

Old March 11th 05, 08:17 PM
atomicthumbs

YEah, I have an old Patrolman-50 AM vhf reciever... don't get much of
anything on VHF lo exept didgital transfer modes and 2 mexican tv
stations.

Old March 12th 05, 05:20 AM
clifto

Buzzygirl wrote:
I have sometimes gotten drowsy just by listening to static. Which I don't
like to do, but sometimes reception's crappy. What can you do? Oh yeah, turn
off the radio, I guess!

My all-time favorite is to find a spot on the dial that sounds as though
there is a faraway talk station that's just too weak to receive intelligible
speech from. Speech-like patterns, but no discernible speech.
Old March 12th 05, 10:46 AM

I turn everyhing off and go to sleep and dream about wimmins.
cuhulin