Old March 12th 05, 06:28 PM
Telamon

Default Radio Australia and New Zealand this morning

Radio Australia much stronger on 9580 and 11880 than usual this morning
and sounding like a local station with S10 level signals. New Zealand on
the other hand weak and noisy but listen-able at 17:00 UTC.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 12th 05, 08:27 PM
uncle arnie

Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia much stronger on 9580 and 11880 than usual this morning
and sounding like a local station with S10 level signals. New Zealand on
the other hand weak and noisy but listen-able at 17:00 UTC.

I actually had worse reception of RA this a.m. than the past few days. Snow
and cold here. I'll blame that.
Old March 12th 05, 09:05 PM
Telamon

In article ,
uncle arnie wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia much stronger on 9580 and 11880 than usual this morning
and sounding like a local station with S10 level signals. New Zealand on
the other hand weak and noisy but listen-able at 17:00 UTC.

I actually had worse reception of RA this a.m. than the past few days. Snow
and cold here. I'll blame that.

Yeah, it was to cold in your neck of the woods for the radio waves so
they headed south and I got to receive them.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 12th 05, 09:20 PM
Telamon

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
uncle arnie wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia much stronger on 9580 and 11880 than usual this morning
and sounding like a local station with S10 level signals. New Zealand on
the other hand weak and noisy but listen-able at 17:00 UTC.

I actually had worse reception of RA this a.m. than the past few days. Snow
and cold here. I'll blame that.

Yeah, it was to cold in your neck of the woods for the radio waves so
they headed south and I got to receive them.

I'm currently listening to Radio Netherlands. 17,875 and 17,725 with big
signal, 15,315 a little weak and 17,810 is the weakest signal for me.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 12th 05, 09:28 PM
David

R. Australia 9590 was pretty noisy here at 1500z

34, -118

Old March 12th 05, 09:32 PM
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia much stronger on 9580 and 11880 than usual this morning
and sounding like a local station with S10 level signals. New Zealand on
the other hand weak and noisy but listen-able at 17:00 UTC.

Ran across it this morning and it was its usual 10-20 over S9 here.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 12th 05, 09:41 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia much stronger on 9580 and 11880 than usual this morning
and sounding like a local station with S10 level signals. New Zealand on
the other hand weak and noisy but listen-able at 17:00 UTC.

Ran across it this morning and it was its usual 10-20 over S9 here.

Radio Australia, 9580 at around 1300...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 12th 05, 09:49 PM
uncle arnie

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
uncle arnie wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia much stronger on 9580 and 11880 than usual this morning
and sounding like a local station with S10 level signals. New Zealand
on the other hand weak and noisy but listen-able at 17:00 UTC.

I actually had worse reception of RA this a.m. than the past few days.
Snow
and cold here. I'll blame that.

Yeah, it was to cold in your neck of the woods for the radio waves so
they headed south and I got to receive them.

Exactly! Checked the antenna just to make sure b/c we had quite of bit of
melting before this snow and I wondered about ice bringing it down
somewhere. It is intact. I must have been out of the path or something.
We're still getting aurora on clear nights, which I couldn't tell yesterday
of course.
Old March 12th 05, 10:08 PM
Telamon

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
uncle arnie wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia much stronger on 9580 and 11880 than usual this morning
and sounding like a local station with S10 level signals. New Zealand
on
the other hand weak and noisy but listen-able at 17:00 UTC.

I actually had worse reception of RA this a.m. than the past few days.
Snow
and cold here. I'll blame that.

Yeah, it was to cold in your neck of the woods for the radio waves so
they headed south and I got to receive them.

I'm currently listening to Radio Netherlands. 17,875 and 17,725 with big
signal, 15,315 a little weak and 17,810 is the weakest signal for me.

RN was broadcasting on these frequencies 19:00 to 21:00 UTC.

Now listening to Radio Japan on 17,825 with big excellent sounding
signal 21:00 UTC.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 12th 05, 10:12 PM
dxAce

Telamon wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
uncle arnie wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia much stronger on 9580 and 11880 than usual this morning
and sounding like a local station with S10 level signals. New Zealand
on
the other hand weak and noisy but listen-able at 17:00 UTC.

I actually had worse reception of RA this a.m. than the past few days.
Snow
and cold here. I'll blame that.

Yeah, it was to cold in your neck of the woods for the radio waves so
they headed south and I got to receive them.

I'm currently listening to Radio Netherlands. 17,875 and 17,725 with big
signal, 15,315 a little weak and 17,810 is the weakest signal for me.

RN was broadcasting on these frequencies 19:00 to 21:00 UTC.

Now listening to Radio Japan on 17,825 with big excellent sounding
signal 21:00 UTC.

Running about S3-5 here.

dxAce
Michigan