Old March 18th 05, 02:34 AM
mike maghakian

Default welcome to my shack, please come in and visit

I just put a picture of my shack as of this week. I am enjoying my new Drake
R7. it is quite a receiver and has the best performing PBT of any receiver
I have owned. including the NRD-525, Icom R71 and Drake R8.

please visit at:

http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian/

I really have to get to updating my collection shots now that I have a real
nice digital camera and updated flash attachment.

Old March 18th 05, 03:34 AM
Michael Lawson

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
I just put a picture of my shack as of this week. I am enjoying my

new Drake
R7. it is quite a receiver and has the best performing PBT of any

receiver
I have owned. including the NRD-525, Icom R71 and Drake R8.

please visit at:

http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian/

I really have to get to updating my collection shots now that I have

a real
nice digital camera and updated flash attachment.

Good Lord!! Now that's a collection. I'm reminded of
a quip I once used (stole it from a coworker) when my
cubicle had three SGI workstations in it: it's not just
a job, it's a CAT scan.

So you're the guy who stuck the Alpine coax speaker
in their Sat 800? I've thought about doing that for some
time now, but every time I also figure that I could just
as easily hook up an external speaker to it. How's the
sonic difference?

--Mike L.

Old March 18th 05, 03:50 AM
mike maghakian

the sound improvement is impressive, especially on FM. I consider it a must
do if you use the internal speaker

Old March 18th 05, 09:36 PM
Richard

This related link will be of interest

http://www.transistor.org/collection.../hitachi9.html

73's
Richard SO5GB

Old March 18th 05, 10:36 PM

That's a fine collection Mike. I especially like those Sony's.
Noticed you have both of the Kenwood bandspread receivers - the earlier
one is harder to find. I enjoyed using the R300 for a year.

Old March 18th 05, 10:56 PM
Michael

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
I just put a picture of my shack as of this week. I am enjoying my new
Drake R7. it is quite a receiver and has the best performing PBT of any
receiver I have owned. including the NRD-525, Icom R71 and Drake R8.

please visit at:

http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian/

I really have to get to updating my collection shots now that I have a
real nice digital camera and updated flash attachment.

Wow !!! Well rounded collection. Great mascot too :-)
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: 7600GR,KA-1101,KA-1102
PL-550, KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com

Old March 19th 05, 01:01 AM
mike maghakian

I goofed when I updated the page yesterday ! the most important pic's were
not there !

please visit and check out the current shack pic !!!

Old March 19th 05, 01:40 AM
Greg

From: "mike maghakian"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:34:34 -0800
Subject: welcome to my shack, please come in and visit

I just put a picture of my shack as of this week. I am enjoying my new Drake
R7. it is quite a receiver and has the best performing PBT of any receiver
I have owned. including the NRD-525, Icom R71 and Drake R8.

please visit at:

http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian/

I really have to get to updating my collection shots now that I have a real
nice digital camera and updated flash attachment.

Nice collection Mike. I guess the obvious question is: Do you ever turn
them all on at the same time?

Greg

Old March 19th 05, 01:57 AM
Michael Lawson

Ah, there's the pride and joy of the shack!! Okay, Mike,
what do you use to split the antenna input??

--Mike L.

Old March 19th 05, 02:52 AM
mike maghakian

for those wondering, my signal path is:

1)grove TUN-4, two antennas in and two outputs
2) one out goes to a KIWA shortwave preamp with BCB filter
3) KIWA output goes to an ICE 112-4 four way splitter amplifier

this way I can have 5 receivers at the same time

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message
Ah, there's the pride and joy of the shack!! Okay, Mike,
what do you use to split the antenna input??

A visit to AIR Port Blair dxAce Shortwave 2 March 7th 05 09:05 PM
Got products and services to Trade? Visit OhioBarter.org and listyours or just look. britanysdaddy Swap 0 November 9th 04 02:21 AM
Presidential Visit Set for Daytona Beach Saturday Oct 16, 2004 &John Edwards on Sunday. GeorgeF Scanner 5 October 27th 04 12:02 AM
Presidential Visit Greg Shortwave 0 October 23rd 04 12:52 AM
Pirate radio uk live- visit website Russell K Shortwave 0 April 11th 04 11:36 PM