Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 23rd 05, 05:34 PM
dogpile III

Default An ode to the late Dr. euGene Scott

(actually someone else's ode I found someplace else and
thought worthy of posting here as this, now thankfully dead,
pilferer of money via religion is now taking a dirt nap - enjoy!)

------------------------------

from: http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/theclash8.shtml

"I Fought The Law" Based on the performance by The Clash
"I Mocked The Lord" Parody by mAximo

Dr Gene Scott was a radio & TV "teacher" and as stated
during station IDs:"Dr Scott teaches every Sunday in the
Los Angeles University Cathedral." Officially the bishop
of the church that he had formed in his own image, Dr euGene
Scott had "taught" to his L.A. "audience" for almost 30
years, which towards the end of his life numbered circa 15,000.
He later transformed his ministry into a faith-healing cult, after he
was confronted with prostate cancer in 2000, stating that
God was to heal him due to his faith. Further unusual practices
toward the end of his career included: 1. weekly "Festivals" which
were conducted like mini-Nuremberg rallies, whereby "elite members"
of the "church" would leap to their feet on cue & shout "Yes, Sir!"
or lead the audience to give standing ovations; Those elite members
were expected to "perform" without pay & without question for
such an honor; 2. telling his audience that they are to pay him
"worth-ship" to show how much they felt his teaching was
"worth" to them, or they'd be stealing from God, if they felt
that he had taught them anything; Formerly he had revived
now-obsolete Old Testament tithing, such tha the all but told
his congregation that if they did not pay such tithes, then they
would go to hell..Although he claimed a salary as pastor of
only $1 a year, he enjoyed the exclusive use of a multimillion-dollar
horse ranch, a 11,488 sq.ft residence, and a 20,089 sq.ft museum/gallery
next door, all paid for out of church funds, and to the exclusion
of church members. He later married one of his "Pony Girls" as
his 3rd wife, who had worked in the porn industry, and is now his
successor as pastor. .After years of allowing his cancer to reach
an advanced stage unchecked, Dr Scott "went home" a month
ago on 21 February 2005. His "homecoming song" as sung by
himself (in parody) appears below..........

Wakin' up hot and well-done:
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won;
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won.
..
Stole God's dollars--don't want just one:
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won;
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won.
..
I left my Baby there to carry on, as now my life is done;
She's a bad-ass and you'll all be had:
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won;
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won.
..
(Instrumental break: Git-onna phones!)
..
Robbin' people with a guilt-trip:
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won;
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won.
..
Made them suckers pay me worth-ship:
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won;
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won.
..
I left my Baby there to carry on, as now my life is done;
She's a bad-ass, and you'll all be had:
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won;
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won.
(Instrumental break: Git-onna phones!)
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won;
I mocked the Lord, and the Lord won.
(Repeat to Endtime)

I finished writing the lyrics to 'Doc's Homecoming Song' on Monday
morning, & submitted it before the posting deadline for that day, 1
month after his going home. It was finished in record time for me:
thanks to everyone who posted in this newsgroup to make it a
veritable mine(field) of information. Special mention goes to Timmah
for stating in the thread PMS SHOULD WIN AN ACADEMY AWARD last week
Tuesday, a thematic idea that leapt off the page. From then on it
was smooth sailing to simply compile material. By said morning there
was only 1 problem: which verses to leave out from the ones I had
compiled. The link to the lyrics should appear above. Honorary
mention goes to Jocko for corrections to its accompanying
introduction. I'd also like to thank my parents, their ancestors, &
God for allowing me to partake in this wonderful experience.

-----------------

From: http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-religion/1363433/posts

Dr. Gene Scott's Ministry Headed by Reputed Porn Star
alt.fan.gene-scott newsgroup
Posted on 03/15/2005 12:49:13 PM PST by research99

Accusations are appearing in the alt.fan.gene-scott newsgroup
(accessible through "google groups" at www.deja.com) that his
widow (38 years his junior) Melissa Scott, nee Melissa Pastore,
had a past in the adult entertainment industry as a partner
with her first husband "Paul Pastore," including nude images
shot as "Barbie Bridges" in the 1990's.

ps: Anyone know if WWCR has sold all of Gene's airtime to Brother Stair