Old March 25th 05, 11:00 PM
Li Changchun

Default For Those Who Recommend/Sell/Buy CCP Degan/Kaito Radios

Ms. Zhang Witnessed the PLA Killing People with Explosive Bullets on June
4th [in 1989, Tiananmen Square, Beijing]

Ms. Zhang was a former medical staff member in a hospital in Beijing. Here
is her speech:

"On June 4, 1989, when the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) massacred the
students on Tiananmen Square, I was working in a hospital in Beijing. I saw
dead bodies dragged into the hospital and many heavily injured students.
They [the PLA] shot at people with explosive bullets – the kind of bullets
that would blow up upon impact. The radio however broadcasted that no one
was killed. I learned from all this that the news reports from the Chinese
Communist Part (CCP) are all false."
"In the past I still had hope for the CCP. After reading the “Nine
Commentaries on the CCP, I realized what the CCP is all about. It is
inhumane and has conducted crimes to the greatest extent. Since the
establishment of its regime, it has killed more people than during times of
war."

“During the CCP’s 50-year regime, it has killed tens of millions of people.
This fact has also been admitted by the CCP. The 10-year Cultural Revolution
is referred to as 'The 10-year catastrophe,' during which many people died
due to injustice, and many families were left broken.

“Has it improved at present? During the People’s Congress, there were many
people who went to appeal but they were treated violently by the Public
Security. There are reports and pictures about these incidents. All are our
Chinese compatriots. A government treats its people with such violence.

“The Chinese government suppresses people. At present, China is the most
corrupt place in the world. A small number of the population, the officials,
exploit the people and live in great wealth. Most of the people live a very
difficult life.
“Human beings should have a conscience. Others who live overseas enjoy just
laws and freedom. We have to help the Chinese people who are suffering in
mainland China.”

In respect to those who were threatened for publicly criticizing the CCP’s
persecution toward the Chinese people, Mr. Guan said, “It is dangerous to
put out a fire, but you have to help when your neighbor’s house is on fire.
If you do not help, it would also harm you sooner or later. Actually, to
save others is to save oneself.”

http://english.epochtimes.com/news/5-3-24/27311.html

Old March 25th 05, 11:22 PM
Li Changchun

Two Factory Workers in China Buried Alive by Communist Cadres

In order to cover up the role of a factory in poisoning five female workers,
three of whom were "under 16, the legal age for factory work" (Washington
Post), cadres in Xixuying, a town 200 miles southwest of Beijing, buried
alive two of the five girls. The parents won a visit from "a team from the
Public Security Ministry to exhume the bodies and conduct tests to confirm
the cause of death." However, the Beijing "team" left several questions
unanswered, and the locals of Beixinzhuang, the home village of the deceased
are not happy. The factory also best symbolizes the farcical nature of
"private" ownership - its "owner" is Xixuying's Deputy Mayor.

In China, Deaths and Questions
Families of Peasant Girls Who Perished at Factory Say Signs of Struggle
Evident

BEIXINZHUANG, China -- A nightmare has descended on this poor farming
village, filling its muddy lanes and brick homes with dread. Despite
official denials, the peasants here have concluded that two teenage girls
who ventured to the big city to earn some money were sealed alive in their
coffins and left to die unspeakable deaths.
Full Story:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Mar24.html

Old March 25th 05, 11:23 PM
Li Changchun

Time Asia examines investing in Communist China

Somewhat surprisingly, they don't bring rose-colored glasses to the subject.
One banker, despite doing well, has deep, well-founded suspicions about
Communist China, in part due to his suffering during the Cultural
Revolution. Jim Huang, who has also succeeded, had this to say to Hannah
Beech: "there are con artists everywhere. They will cook their books. They
will lie during presentations."

Scroll Down: http://china-e-lobby.blogspot.com/

Taiwanese businessman talks about dangers of investing in Communist China:

80 percent of the Taiwan business invested in China will eventually fail.

Xue Yuhuang, a Taiwanese businessman, talked to the Liberty Times about his
harrowing experiences as an "investor" in Communist China. He fought and
lost, against local corruption, and while he "was able to recover 90 percent
of the original investment and able to withdraw successfully, but his
brother-in-law, who had invested $70 million in Taiwan currency, lost every
penny"
http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/5-3-23/27241.html

Old March 25th 05, 11:53 PM

Tianamen Square fiasco.I happened to be watching it on tv back then.As
long as the CCP are in power over there,they are Never! going to lighten
up.
cuhulin

Old March 26th 05, 12:01 AM
B. Williams

Li Changchun wrote:
[...]

Thanks for posting that insight which more and more is exposing
matters in the country. I do a protest in my consumer buying
Why buy something made in a country that it totally opposed to
this country's way of living and government. Everytime I see
something in the store regardless of where. If made from places
made other than China I do purchase that item, instead.

Old March 26th 05, 03:11 AM
Conan Ford

You know that the Tecsun, Degen radios etc. that you like to deride are for
the domestic Chinese market, primarily. If what you say is true, how much
longer will they be allowed to make them?
Old March 26th 05, 03:12 AM
Li Changchun

"B. Williams" wrote
If you do not help, it would also harm you sooner or later. Actually,

save others is to save oneself."

http://english.epochtimes.com/news/5-3-24/27311.html

Thanks for posting that insight which more and more is exposing
matters in the country. I do a protest in my consumer buying
Why buy something made in a country that it totally opposed to
this country's way of living and government. Everytime I see
something in the store regardless of where. If made from places
made other than China I do purchase that item, instead.

I know it is difficult to find products these days that are NOT made in
China.
Most of these products are produced by contract for foreign companies
exclusively for export.

What I would avoid like the plague are products made exclusively by
and branded by Chinese companies. Degan/Kaito is just one example.
Wal-Mart is full of Chinese company branded & manufactured electronics.
These are the companies that are now trying to set off on their own in
the world marketplace after having scalped western company manufacturing
and marketing knowledge. These new Chinese branded companies are
almost ALL own by the Communist government and produce profits
exclusively for the Communist Party coffers.

Old March 26th 05, 03:39 AM
running dogg

Conan Ford wrote:

You know that the Tecsun, Degen radios etc. that you like to deride are for
the domestic Chinese market, primarily. If what you say is true, how much
longer will they be allowed to make them?

Not only that, Tecsun/Grundig/Eton is WHOLLY owned by the Communist
Party. China has a thriving domestic SW broadcast market, mainly because
many parts of the country are not covered by MW/FM. The problem for the
CCP is that the same radios which allow Chinese to listen to CNR also
allow them to listen to RFA and Sound of Hope among others. The CCP
seems to be clueless as to this fact. In fact, the latest offering from
Tecsun, the PL-350, appears from the pics Liypn posted to have a TUNING
KNOB in addition to the usual slewing buttons. "We don't want people
listening to RFA, so let's make it easier for them to do so!" That's a
real symptom of a government disconnected from its people as well as
reality. Hopefully by the time the CCP wakes up to this fact, it will be
too late. Let's also hope that the implosion of the CCP from terminal
stupidity doesn't lead to riots at every Wal Mart in America.

Old March 26th 05, 06:00 AM
Conan Ford

running dogg wrote in :

Conan Ford wrote:

[...]

Off the top of my head, these chinese PLL radios (whose performance
ranges from acceptable to excellent) all have tuning knobs:

Tecsun
PL-200
PL-550
PL-350

Degen
DE-1103

The PL-350 is just a cut-down, smaller version of the PL-550, I believe.
Smaller speaker and thus smaller case.

I imagine that the percent of these radios actually exported is probably
quite small. I imagine less than 5% are exported.

A correction, Grundig/Eton is not a chinese company, but rather they just
take chinese radios and rebrand them, then sell them again. Kind of like
how the GE and Emerson DVD players at Wal-Mart are only licensed brands,
but are actually made in China.