Old March 26th 05, 09:17 PM
Mama Bear

Default SWL & Amateur Radio new Yahoo Group

- Mama Bear

Old March 27th 05, 09:21 PM
uncle arnie

Their "new and improved" format is enough to make me avoid this.
Old March 27th 05, 10:02 PM
Telamon

In article ,
uncle arnie wrote:

Mama Bear wrote:

Their "new and improved" format is enough to make me avoid this.

I'm not interested in someone else censoring my news sources. I can do
this myself.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 27th 05, 10:21 PM

I found Yahos new and improved style so ****y that I have
dropped all but 1 Yahoo group. And I plan on only checking
it once every couple of weeks.
It took over 7 attempts to post in the two groups I really cared
about, and the one group that I still belong to takes many attempts
to retrive posts.
With any luck Yahoo will choke to death on this smart update.
Lifew has enough frustrating events that I can't avoid.
Why would I want to add such pain to my hobby?
Terry

Old March 28th 05, 01:34 PM

I was a member of the groups in question.
Before the great update, I would see most of my posts in a few seconds,
at most 5 minutes. Now Yahoo gives no errors, and just returns to the
openening page, with no
visible messages. It takes up to 7 atempts before it is accepted, and
then I
am returned to the home screen, again with out messages.
When I enter the group the same thing, home page with no messages.
And it isn't only me, several friends, in widely diverse groups have
the same error.

If they ever resolve this improvement, I can always join again. For the
time
being I will spend my time in more productive ways then fighting broken
software.

Terry

Old March 28th 05, 05:21 PM
Sanjaya

wrote in message
ups.com...
I was a member of the groups in question.
Before the great update, I would see most of my posts in a few seconds,
at most 5 minutes. Now Yahoo gives no errors, and just returns to the
openening page, with no
visible messages. It takes up to 7 atempts before it is accepted, and
then I
am returned to the home screen, again with out messages.
When I enter the group the same thing, home page with no messages.
And it isn't only me, several friends, in widely diverse groups have
the same error.

If they ever resolve this improvement, I can always join again. For the
time
being I will spend my time in more productive ways then fighting broken
software.

Terry

I have no problems seeing yahoo groups and messages.
About a year ago there was an announcement from yahoo saying
posting messages would be delayed due to the many worms and trojans
going around. I guess they scan everything before letting it go online or
to those who get messages by email.
I usually have to wait to see any message I post show up
in a group, but otherwise it works fine.

Old March 28th 05, 05:28 PM
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

If I post to the DX Listening Digest Group it typically shows up in a minute or
two.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 28th 05, 07:54 PM
John S.

The new and improved Yahoo format is very difficult to use. I don't
know what problem they were hoping to fix with that change, but please
bring back the old format. I will live with whatever the old problem
was.

Old March 29th 05, 11:02 AM
RHF

MAT,

These are both 1 Second Snap Loads for me
with a Pentium 4 Windows XP Home Computer.

~ RHF