Old March 28th 05, 12:12 AM
lsmyer

Default 17.705 Pirate?

A few minutes ago, I had my PL-350 outside tuning around SW and I found a
station on 17.705 playing the song "Suicide Blond" by INXS. It was reading 5
out of 5 on my signal strength meter. At first, I thought I was just getting
an image from a local broadcasting station, but no station in my area was
playing that song. I went back to 17.705 and it was still clear as a bell.
But as the song ended, so did the carrier. I kept listening for a few
minutes, and there were a couple of more times I observed a carrier, but
never any more modulation. Don't know what that was.

Old March 28th 05, 12:27 AM
Dan

- Tried for it..No dice...!

" Suicide Blonde :has righteous harmonica work in it,
by Charlie Musslewhite, BTW..

Old March 28th 05, 12:47 AM

lsmyer wrote:
A few minutes ago, I had my PL-350 outside tuning around SW and I

found a
station on 17.705 playing the song "Suicide Blond" by INXS. It was

reading 5
out of 5 on my signal strength meter. At first, I thought I was just

getting
an image from a local broadcasting station, but no station in my area

was
playing that song. I went back to 17.705 and it was still clear as a

bell.
But as the song ended, so did the carrier. I kept listening for a few

minutes, and there were a couple of more times I observed a carrier,

but
never any more modulation. Don't know what that was.

Interesting. When I tune to 17705 right now, I hear an weak AM station,
probably Radio Havana broadcasting to S. America.

Let us know if you hear it again.

Steve

Old March 28th 05, 12:48 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"lsmyer" wrote:

A few minutes ago, I had my PL-350 outside tuning around SW and I found a
station on 17.705 playing the song "Suicide Blond" by INXS. It was reading 5
out of 5 on my signal strength meter. At first, I thought I was just getting
an image from a local broadcasting station, but no station in my area was
playing that song. I went back to 17.705 and it was still clear as a bell.
But as the song ended, so did the carrier. I kept listening for a few
minutes, and there were a couple of more times I observed a carrier, but
never any more modulation. Don't know what that was.

Probably RHC. they broadcast to SA, 7 days a week around that time.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California