Old April 1st 05, 04:30 PM
John S.

That's an interesting site. Does your receiver have the button? If so
maybe it is installed.
Does the QR666 bandspread dial display shortwave, ham or both?

The R-300 had an option for either ham or swl band coverage.

Old April 1st 05, 04:57 PM
Lucky

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...
That's an interesting site. Does your receiver have the button? If so
maybe it is installed.
Does the QR666 bandspread dial display shortwave, ham or both?

The R-300 had an option for either ham or swl band coverage.

Yes, the FM BC button and AGC is there, but if it's functional is another
story. Like the Icom R75, the buttons are there for DSP, but if you don't
have the optional DSP unit installed, they don't function.

Don't know anything else about the radio till I get it in my hands!

Lucky

Old April 1st 05, 05:23 PM
Michael A. Terrell

dxAce wrote:

That's Miami country...

Miami University is in Oxford, Ohio but they had a small branch where
the old "Armco Park" had been, just outside of Middletown when I left
for Florida.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 1st 05, 05:26 PM
dxAce

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

dxAce wrote:

That's Miami country...

Miami University is in Oxford, Ohio but they had a small branch where
the old "Armco Park" had been, just outside of Middletown when I left
for Florida.

I meant it in terms of the Miami Nation of Indians.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 12th 05, 02:37 AM
Michael A. Terrell

dxAce wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

dxAce wrote:

That's Miami country...

Miami University is in Oxford, Ohio but they had a small branch where
the old "Armco Park" had been, just outside of Middletown when I left
for Florida.

I meant it in terms of the Miami Nation of Indians.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

The only Indians I remember were the mound builders and I can't
remember what tribe they were.

Old April 12th 05, 02:51 AM
dxAce

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

dxAce wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

dxAce wrote:

That's Miami country...

Miami University is in Oxford, Ohio but they had a small branch where
the old "Armco Park" had been, just outside of Middletown when I left
for Florida.

I meant it in terms of the Miami Nation of Indians.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

The only Indians I remember were the mound builders and I can't
remember what tribe they were.

The mound builders preceded the Miami by quite a time. We have mounds here also
near the Grand River.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 12th 05, 06:04 AM

There are Indian Mounds in Mississippi too. www.dogpile.com Indian
Mounds in Mississippi
cuhulin

Old April 12th 05, 07:06 AM
Michael A. Terrell

dxAce wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

The only Indians I remember were the mound builders and I can't
remember what tribe they were.

The mound builders preceded the Miami by quite a time. We have mounds here also
near the Grand River.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Its been 40 years since I was in the museum and I don't remember much
other than the work it took to build those mounds by hand. Quite an
accomplishment!

Old April 12th 05, 07:43 AM

Those Indians sure did know what they were doing and they were mighty
smart too.Have y'all ever heard of the Miami Ring in the Miami,Florida
before? I have and I read some articles about it on the internet a few
years ago too.I think one of the articles said the Miami Ring dates back
to over 3,000 years old.Kenwood used to build a hand held Transceiver
Radio and there was an optional accessory camera thingy that could be
attatched to the top of the Radio and it could send live pictures/photos
to similar Kenwood Transceiver Radios anywhere in the World.(Shazam!
Captain Marvel,shades of the cellphone/cameraphones!) I have a
Universal-Radio snail mail catalog here that dates back a few years ago
and there is an article in the catalog with a picture about that
Kenwood.
cuhulin