Old April 1st 05, 06:09 AM
Joe Analssandrini

Default AC Adapter for ICF-7600GR

Hello,

If you've read some of my posts here and elsewhere you know that I
always give lots of my "opinions," whether asked for or not!

In that spirit, here is my opinion on the matter of AC-adaptors for the
Sony ICF-SW7600GR: Don't Buy One!

Instead, spend your money on two sets of NiMH rechargeable batteries
(look for ones rated 2000 mAh or more) and a charger that allows you to
leave batteries in it at all times without causing an "overcharging"
situation. The C. Crane QuickCharger is an example of the kind I mean
but there are many others as well.

You would then use one set of batteries in the radio - and a set lasts
a VERY long time - and then, when that first set ran down, you would
merely replace it with the second, fully-charged, set and re-charge the
first set. You would leave the batteries in your charger (which of
course would always be connected to AC power) until such time as you
needed them. Quite easy and very economical in the long run.

Many of the AC-Adaptors available for the ICF-SW7600GR add noise and
are often very high-priced for what you're getting. More importantly,
the radio seems to perform far better on batteries (especially with
weak signals) than with an AC-Adaptor, at least in my experience.

Consider what I recommend. I believe you would be pleased with the
results. However, if you still want an AC-Adaptor, I believe the
Universal Radio one (mentioned in a message above) is the one to buy as
it has been specifically modified for use with the Sony radio. (It
costs $19.95 plus $4.95 shipping; I don't think it's worth it!)

Best,

Joe (Always Opinionated but Lovable!)

I'm almost positive I seen someone mention a Radio Shack part number

for
this item, but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old April 1st 05, 06:19 AM
RHF

FS5 & PS,