Old April 2nd 05, 05:56 AM
Telamon

Default NEWS FLASH!

In article .com,
"atomicthumbs" wrote:

Icom has been put out of buisness by the FCC! Apparently, they haven't
been complying with FCC regulations for any of their transceivers.

http://www.eham.net/articles/10500etx:543oolephpedu?45

The link does not work for me.

I searched the site though and could not find an article along those
lines.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old April 2nd 05, 06:06 AM
Conan Ford

"atomicthumbs" wrote in
oups.com:

Icom has been put out of buisness by the FCC! Apparently, they haven't
been complying with FCC regulations for any of their transceivers.

http://www.eham.net/articles/10500etx:543oolephpedu?45

Umm April fools?
Old April 2nd 05, 06:31 AM

I think ICOM company is smart enough that they comply to FCC
rules/regulations.
cuhulin

Old April 2nd 05, 03:56 PM
§ Dr. Artaud §

"atomicthumbs" wrote in
oups.com:

http://www.eham.net/articles/10500etx:543oolephpedu?45

Clearly an April Fools Joke.

Reduce the address to http://www.eham.net/articles/ and scan through the
articles, there is no mention of any such story, nor anything close. A
search off all articles for Icom yields no such article.

http://www.eham.net/articles/10500 is the only other dissection of the
address that yielded an actual link. This link is to a series of posts
concerning the hazards of poking oneself (or others) in the eye with
handheld radio antennas. (I trust they mean by mistake, not like the Three
Stooges).

As the article would have to have originated from the base address, the
article therefore doesn't exist.

Dr. Artaud

ABC's NASA story Michael Shortwave 13 March 1st 05 03:41 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline(tm) Report 1420 - October 29, 2004 Radionews Dx 0 October 29th 04 08:10 PM
Hal Turner - the dumbest man on radio - OFF THE AIR! neptune3 Shortwave 25 June 6th 04 10:00 AM
Radio Netherlands ends news bulletins? tommyknocker Shortwave 3 April 5th 04 10:36 PM
Breaking News from ARRL: Roy Neal, K6DUE, SK John Norfolk General 0 August 15th 03 11:32 PM