Old April 5th 05, 08:51 AM

Default beacons at 351khz ID?

From USB at 351Khz:
www.lazygranch.com/sound/beacons/351khz_no.wav

From LSB at 351Khz:

www.lazygranch.com/sound/beacons/351khz_ny.wav
Note the long tone after the NY morse.

Recordings done in central Nevada in the daytime.

Old April 5th 05, 01:10 PM
Brad

wrote in message
oups.com...
From USB at 351Khz:

www.lazygranch.com/sound/beacons/351khz_no.wav

From LSB at 351Khz:

www.lazygranch.com/sound/beacons/351khz_ny.wav
Note the long tone after the NY morse.

Recordings done in central Nevada in the daytime.

http://worldaerodata.com/wad.cgi?nav...=NO&nav_type=5

Brad.
A damn long way from Reno and yet I have no trouble finding them.

Old April 5th 05, 01:21 PM
Al

NO-351 is a beacon from Reno, Nevada. It has a tone of 1020Hz on either
side of the 351kHz carrier.

NY-350 is from Enderby, British Columbia. It has a 400Hz tone on either
side of the carrier. Most Canadia beacons have a long dash after the ID,
also known as a DAID, while the US beacons have silence between the ID
tones. If you heard it near 351kHz, you heard the USB of 350kHz.

You can get good identification of beacons at:
http://www.airnav.com/
and
http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb/rna/

Al KA5JGV
San Antonio, TX

wrote in message
oups.com...
From USB at 351Khz:

www.lazygranch.com/sound/beacons/351khz_no.wav

From LSB at 351Khz:

Old April 5th 05, 01:56 PM
RHF

AL - Bad AirNav Link Fixed ~ RHF

You can get good identification of beacons at:
=2E
http://www.airnav.com/
=2E
and
=2E
http://www.classaxe.com/dx/ndb=AD/rna/
=2E=20
Al KA5JGV=20
San Antonio, TX=20
=2E

Old April 5th 05, 07:04 PM

NO and NY are not in the airnav database, which is why I did the post.
The classaxe URL seems to time out.

Given the cadence of the tone and your description of Canadian beacons,
I'd have to say the NY beacon ID is correct, though 900 miles seems a
bit extreme in the daytime.

FWIW, the NO beacon isn't licensed, so I guess you can't blame
airnav.com for not having it in it's database. The same goes for the
217Khz EC beacon at Cedar City.