Old April 9th 05, 12:15 AM
Dan

Think its OK..

Cuts down on people dropping into the USA on forged / Stolen
documents..

&
Imagine calling in Sick To Work from Paradise because
You Have To Wait For The U..S Embassy
to cough up another legit pass port
for you to cover the stolen one...

Barcoding People Entering the US of A..
* Fine* with me

& probaly with the Founding fathers too!..

Old April 9th 05, 12:54 AM
Brenda Ann

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
Passport Required To Re-Enter U.S.

4/5/2005 11:00 PM
(WROC-TV)

Better have a passport the next time you plan to go to Canada, it'll soon

be
the law.

The Departments of State and Homeland Security announced the "Western
Hemisphere Travel Initiative" today. It will require all U.S. citizens,
Canadians, Mexicans, and citizens of Bermuda to have a passport to enter

or
re-enter the U.S.

Currently Americans only have to show their driver's license or another
government approved ID.

The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act passed last December

by
Congress mandates this change.

Assistant Secretary Of State Maura Harty says, "The Western Hemisphere
Travel Initiative is an important step in protecting homeland security and
DHS and the State Department will use all available resources to implement
this travel initiative by the deadline set forth in law."

Americans will have to display documentation to get back into the U.S., if
traveling by land or sea, by the end of 2005. That expands to all travel

the U.S. by 2006.

C'mon folks.. you have known me long enough to know that I am a long ways
from a Left Wingnut (or a Right Wingnut for that matter). This is a
restriction on OUR travel as much as it is for others. We've had open
borders with our neighbors for over a century. This will restrict tourism,
commerce and other things vital to our economy. Do we really want to lose
the right to travel freely between us and our neighboring countries, along
with billions of tourist dollars, just for a bit of security that won't even
be there? Think about it folks.. criminals don't give a damn what the law
is, they just go around it. If someone wants to get in to do us harm,
they'll find a way to do it without going through a checkpoint.. just like
background checks for gun sales doesn't even slow down a criminal who wants
a gun... how many of them do you suppose even buys a gun?

Old April 9th 05, 01:21 AM
Dan

Naww....

Just common sense.. You have to show a passport to leave; so you flash
one coming back in;
- answer the questions, & you're on your way..

& most euro's have passports, so it Won't restrict tourism ..
&
We Don't lose the right to travel freely..
Trave anywhere you want..
Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia , North Korea
( joke here.. )

just needing a U.S Passport to get in

keeps the riff raff out..

Old April 9th 05, 01:48 AM
Burr

Hi Brinda,
This I have to go along with, we have to close our borbers.

Most every country in the world require that I have a passport and some
require a visa to get into and out of.

Today I spent $75 on my wifes Philippine passport and it is going to
cost me $1,000 plus Atty fees (if I use one) to get her a Green Card the
15th. My wife refuses to be "out of satatus" one day even if we are planing
to relocate to the Philippines asap.

So, if I have to show my passport every time I return to the USA then
everyone should. If I have pay all the fees I have to pay for a passport
then everyone should, I don't want to be treated better, I just want
everyone treated the same.

Be glad you don't have to pay the "kick backs" I have to pay to get a
work permit in the countries I going to, work permits or just a way to get
more money and kick backs for the sorry A Hold's that take care of you. As
an American I hate to have to payoff some SOB just to work in his country
trying to help them.

Just for the hell of it look at Indonesia, they were given aid based on
the number of dead and hurt and now they are cutting the number by 60 %.
They also forced the workers who were helping to buy "work permits"!!!!

Think about what I am saying, we are giving the world a free ride and
they stick it to us every chance they get!!!!

Burr

Old April 9th 05, 02:14 AM
§ Dr. Artaud §

"Brenda Ann" wrote in
:

I guess what the Right-wingers have discussed for years is slowly coming
true. So many people jeer anyone that expresses anything that is slightly
less than the mainstream view on things, and incredulity when the
predicted things come true. It's only the beginning.

Notice how serious they are about Homeland Security. Notice how they
aren't serious about enforcing the Mexican/US border when it comes to
illegal immigrants. Now doubt, there is a good explanation for keeping
Americans in and allowing illegals in as well.

You tell me.

The No-Doze is taking effect. Take the Red No-Doze pills Brenda.

Dr. Artaud

http://www.arrod.co.uk/essays/matrix.php

"The blue pill will leave us as we are, in a life consisting of habit, of
things we believe we know. We are comfortable, we do need truth to live.
The blue pill symbolises commuting to work every day, or brushing your
teeth.

The red pill is an unknown quantity. We are told that it can help us to
find the truth. We don't know what that truth is, or even that the pill
will help us to find it. The red pill symbolises risk, doubt and
questioning. In order to answer the question, you can gamble your whole
life and world on a reality you have never experienced."

"To justify taking the red pill we might ask what is the purpose of an
ignorant existence? Further still, what is there in merely existing?
Simply existing brings humans down to the level of objects; they might
have utility or even purpose, but where is the meaning? Existence without
meaning is surely not living your life, but just experiencing it. As
Trinity says to Neo, "The Matrix cannot tell you who you are.""

Old April 9th 05, 02:48 AM

Burr,you won't like my Opinion,But,My Opinion is,NUKE THE HELL OUT OF
THEM CRAZY ASS COUNTRIES!
cuhulin

Old April 9th 05, 02:51 AM

If you/myself express anything that fed govt doesn't like,fed govt
considers us to be terrorist.I am not a terrorist.
cuhulin

Old April 9th 05, 02:52 AM

Take some of Curley's (the Three Stooges) Stay Awake Pills.
cuhulin

Old April 9th 05, 02:57 AM
running dogg

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
[...]

Soon we will have an "internal passport" that you will be required to
show just to go from one end of town to the other, or go from one metro
area to another, or between states. In Russia they're reintroducing the
internal passport system of the Soviet years in order to stop terrorism.
Osama must love the west, one or two big attacks and we're flailing
around destroying ourselves and all we hold dear just for a false sense
of security. Whatever happened to the home of the free? It's now the
home of the scared, people willing to give their freedoms in the hopes
of being protected from the Big Bad Terrorists. The problem is that
there are always holes, even if you have 100% security and a total
police state you can't stop a determined terrorist. All it does is makes
slaves of law abiding people. But people don't seem to care, they'd
rather be in prison camps because the camp represents security.
Unfortunately, the terrorists can cut the fences, while the people
inside can't.

Old April 9th 05, 02:59 AM

Them wimmins that do that weight lifting and wrestling and ****,,,, they
all look just like a bunch of damn freaks! I wouldn't ever have sex with
any of them!
cuhulin