Old April 10th 05, 11:02 PM
RHF

Default Antenna Length Fomula-Wanted

DF,
Old April 10th 05, 11:37 PM
Burr

Wondering when you were going to say something!!!

Burr
I am a member of your group

Old April 11th 05, 12:24 AM
RHF

BURR,
=2E
" I'm old, tired, lazy and forgetful. " - Arn't We All !
[ Or, At Least Hope To Be Some Day . . . ]
=2E
Yes as always - I am shamelessly promoting (whor*** for)
the Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
=2E
be the best that your can be - enjoy a full life ~ RHF
=2E . . . .

Old April 11th 05, 01:26 AM
David

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:45:35 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

-=jd=- wrote:

On Sun 10 Apr 2005 01:58:30p, dxAce wrote in
message :

David wrote:

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:04:13 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"Don Forsling" wrote in message
Yes, I'm iold, tired, lazy and forgetful. That said, can
someone
remind
me
of the formula for calculating the length of a full-wave
antenna wire
if
the
frequency is known (think whip and a frequency of 160.890
mhz).

Your ant would be 2.9088196904717508856983031885139. So about 2
15/16 or
so
inches. I wouldn't recamend a dipole config. LOL!!!

Are you sure about that length? A dipole at 144 MHz is much, much
larger
than
that, so something at 160 MHz or so isn't going to be that much
smaller.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I don't know what the logistics of VHF and above would be but the
math says it's so. I'll have to refer to my ARRL handbook. I'm a HF
guy and the math works for that spectrum.

A half wavelength dipole for 160.890 MHz would be be right about 3.06
feet long.

This is found by dividing 492 by the frequency in MHz.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Meters times megaHertz equals 300.

300 what?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I think he mis-typed and meant to say, "3 Meters times 100 megaHertz equals
300 meterHertz."

I have no idea what he was trying to say!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Man, y'all are ****in' dense. Would you believe Arnie Coro?

''...for example, let's say you want to pick up Radio Havana Cuba's
ever popular 9820 kiloHertz frequency... First let's calculate 9820
kiloHertz 's wavelength... easy too... Wavelength in meters, equals
the constant 300, divided by the frequency in megaHerz... which is 300
divided by 9.820, and that equals... let's see 30.54 meters
wavelength...''

Old April 11th 05, 01:44 AM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Brian Hill wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

[...]

B.H.

At 160 MHz the halfwave length would be 2.9 feet.

Old April 11th 05, 01:56 AM
RHF

David - " Would you believe Arnie Coro ? "

Old April 11th 05, 02:26 AM
CW

Use 492 if you want theoretically correct length. 468 takes into account end
effects, ect.

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

[...]

Maybe some other math comes into play above a cirtain freq? Your right
because I've owned several ants I have bought for the higher freqs that

are
bigger. 468 is the number you use for figuring SW ants though. I do know
that for sure.

B.H

Old April 11th 05, 02:50 AM

A meter is a little over three feet.I didn't have to look it up either,I
have always known that.Hey,a few years ago when that married Irish woman
and her hubby were visiting Disneyworld in Florida,I sent them some
gifts to the hotel in Orlando.(Safari Hotel) A couple of the gifts I
sent via UPS was a little bag of Martha White cornmeal and a Southern
Recipe cookbook.I told her on the phone when she gets back home in
Bognor Regis (England) to make some cornbread.After they got back home,I
got an email from her because she didn't have any kitchen measuring
spoons and measuring cups that have the measurments in American
measures.She once got in a spoon fight (almost) with a woman who works
at the cafeteria at the Sainsbury food store over there.The woman
accused her of putting some spoons in the wrong spoon container
thingy.One time she got in a heated arguement with a sales clerk at the
Boots department store over there about some high priced frog (french)
lipstick that she had bought at the Boots department store in Bognor
Regis.She already had used up about half of the lipstick and the
lipstick had broken off in the bottom of the lipstick tube.She went home
and fired off a snail mail letter to the mananger of Boots and she wound
up getting a big apology and some free lipstick too.
cuhulin

Old April 11th 05, 02:26 PM
Jack Pagel

468/Freq in Mhz.

Don Forsling wrote:
Yes, I'm iold, tired, lazy and forgetful. That said, can someone remind me
of the formula for calculating the length of a full-wave antenna wire if the
frequency is known (think whip and a frequency of 160.890 mhz).

Sorry to ask about such simple stuff, but your help will be appreciated.'

Thanks,

Don

Don Forsling

"Iowa--Gateway to Those Big Rectangular States"

Antenna analysis Jack Twilley Antenna 28 March 18th 04 12:17 AM
Question on antenna symantics Jimmy Antenna 28 January 27th 04 01:10 AM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM
Communication During Blackout mad amoeba Scanner 78 September 16th 03 12:40 PM