Old April 11th 05, 01:01 PM
dxAce

Default Pastor Peters is on 9985 for 1.5 hours

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Brian Denley wrote:

Michael:
He won't stay gone. I've tried to killfile him dozens of times but he just
keeps poppin' up with his racist agenda.

--
Brian Denley

I have a million kill filters in stock and I'm not afraid to use
them! ;-)

On the other hand, I have managed to get more than one troll's
Supernews account pulled. One was on rec.antiques.rado+phono who was
dumb enough to post using my name. It only took one e-mail and 15
minutes to have his account pulled and his ISP notified by Supernews.
If he bugs enough people all they have to do is file the off topic
complaints to along with the full headers and he'll
be history. I prefer to throw the idiots into the bottomless bit
bucket to hear them scream as they drop out of sight. ;-)

I had a certain individual (many may know who it was) call my ISP sometime back
with a litany of complaints. It turned out to be quite a funny exchange with the
ISP when they called me. A conference call was quickly arranged with the head
honchos.

They agreed rather quickly that it wouldn't be a good idea if I owned their
business.

End of discussion.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 11th 05, 04:06 PM
Al Patrick

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Brian Denley wrote:

Michael:
He won't stay gone. I've tried to killfile him dozens of times but he just
keeps poppin' up with his racist agenda.

--
Brian Denley

I have a million kill filters in stock and I'm not afraid to use
them! ;-)

On the other hand, I have managed to get more than one troll's
Supernews account pulled. One was on rec.antiques.rado+phono who was
dumb enough to post using my name. It only took one e-mail and 15
minutes to have his account pulled and his ISP notified by Supernews.
If he bugs enough people all they have to do is file the off topic
complaints to along with the full headers and he'll
be history. I prefer to throw the idiots into the bottomless bit
bucket to hear them scream as they drop out of sight. ;-)

Is it off topic to tell of a SHORTWAVE BROADCAST that is coming on? :-)
Old April 11th 05, 06:19 PM
Michael A. Terrell

dxAce wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Brian Denley wrote:

[...]

What discussion? Did I miss something?

I stated that it is possible to have an account pulled, not that it
can be done just for the hell of it. The one I had nuked was stalking
me and forging headers to appear he was posting from my ISP and using my
name to **** people off. No ISP or news provider will stand behind that
kind of crap, unless they want to be sued.

BTW, if a troll is the only one posting from their ISP on a
newsgroup, I just filter out the entire ISP so they can't change their
name to evade filters.
--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell