Old April 19th 05, 12:51 PM

Default There they go!,DOWN! BABY DOWN!!!

Air America ratings PLUMMET,even in San Francisco.
www.worldnetdaily.com
Haw Haw Haw! eeee heee hee heeee,,,,,,,, I Feel GOOD!
cuhulin

Old April 19th 05, 03:19 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

wrote in message
Air America ratings PLUMMET,even in San Francisco.
www.worldnetdaily.com
Haw Haw Haw! eeee heee hee heeee,,,,,,,, I Feel GOOD!
cuhulin

What do you know, they *are* dropping.

That really is good news.

I wonder when their "investors" push down on
the flush lever?

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesota

Every moment of a human life is an act of worship.

Coincidence is God's way of being anonymous.

Old April 19th 05, 03:31 PM
dxAce

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote:

wrote in message
Air America ratings PLUMMET,even in San Francisco.
www.worldnetdaily.com
Haw Haw Haw! eeee heee hee heeee,,,,,,,, I Feel GOOD!
cuhulin

What do you know, they *are* dropping.

That really is good news.

I wonder when their "investors" push down on
the flush lever?

Wonder if they can really hang on until 2008?

An interesting article that brings up some good points.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 19th 05, 03:56 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"dxAce" wrote:
Wonder if they can really hang on until 2008?

An interesting article that brings up some good points.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I think that they might; I know for certain that, if they play
their cards right, they can find the money to do so. Maybe
Soros will open his pockets? At any rate, they tried to
buy the last Presidential election (and failed, thank God),
so I wouldn't put it above them. Still, it's interesting to note
that the in-your-face liberal elitism is still going strong. My
reference is the following quote from the L.A. Times article:

"So why do liberals fare so poorly on air? Some on the left say
it's because liberals are, well, smarter and can't convey their
sophisticated ideas to the rubes who listen to talk radio. Former
New York Gov. Mario Cuomo, whose own stint as a talk-show
host was a ratings disaster, gave canonical expression to this
self-serving view. Conservatives "write their messages with
crayons," he maintained. "We use fine-point quills.""

I think with an elitist attitude like that, they will fail in the ratings
department. Hey, I honestly gave their programming a chance.
I thought that maybe they'd be able to spell out the useuflness
of liberalism, but they failed miserably. For what it's worth, I
think Rush Limbaugh has become kind of boring, and I don't spend
much time on talk radio any more. I thought that maybe Air
America would be a breath of fresh air, and might serve as an
impetus to rouse Rush from his current flat affect. Funny thing is,
after a couple of weeks of continuous listening, I just couldn't do
it anymore. Al Franken is a victim of blatant self-aggrandizement,
and just plain smarmy. Rush Limbaugh, to be fair, is entertaining,
something that Air America just doesn't do well.

So, yeah, I think they can keep it up. I imagine they can find
the money, but I don't think they'll ever be successful in terms
of attracting an audience.

73,

Steve

Old April 19th 05, 04:08 PM
dxAce

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote:
[...]

Never could get Air America in here well at all out of their low power outlet in
Chicago.

Not sure about Limbaugh, I do listen most every day but I'll be honest in saying
that he and others, at least to me, 'jumped the shark' with the Terry Shiavo
issue... I had to turn 'em all off for a week or two there for a while. It just
got kind of 'shrill' in a way.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 19th 05, 08:31 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"dxAce" wrote in message

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote:
[...]

That was a nutty chapter in our history, that's for sure. All of the MSM
outlets "milked" it for all it was worth. Though I opposed pulling the
tube,
I wasn't prepared for either "side," for lack of a better term. The
stridency
and militancy of both parties showed the depth of passion for the issue,
and I kinda thought that an issue like that has to be examined and
understood
before anyone can make a decision. I think the Main Stream Media really
dropped the ball, due to their having an ideological dog in the fight.

Old April 20th 05, 01:48 AM
Greg

From: "Stephen M.H. Lawrence"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:56:32 -0500
Subject: There they go!,DOWN! BABY DOWN!!!

"dxAce" wrote:
Wonder if they can really hang on until 2008?

An interesting article that brings up some good points.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I think that they might; I know for certain that, if they play
their cards right, they can find the money to do so. Maybe
Soros will open his pockets? At any rate, they tried to
buy the last Presidential election (and failed, thank God),

(snip)

They were outbid by the Republicans.

Greg

Old April 20th 05, 01:59 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Greg" wrote:
They were outbid by the Republicans.

Greg

Suuuuuure. Next thing you're going to
tell me is, "It was a no-bid contract!"

Old April 20th 05, 12:54 AM
Stinger

wrote in message
Air America ratings PLUMMET,even in San Francisco.
www.worldnetdaily.com
Haw Haw Haw! eeee heee hee heeee,,,,,,,, I Feel GOOD!
cuhulin

This has been going on for some time now (last few books) -- but was
explained away by the mainstream media (who pumped these yoyos for all they
were worth and STILL couldn't get ratings, even in New York City).

As I told Eduardo a month or so back, it's not the signal, bub -- it's the
PROGRAMMING (and it's awful).

-- Stinger

Old April 20th 05, 04:07 AM
RHF