Old April 21st 05, 01:14 AM
robtgross

Default Eton E100

If anyone is using an Eton E100 I would be interested in your comments.
I played around with one in Radio Shack and was impressed with the
quality of the radio and its sound on FM. I was unable receive SW in the
store.

Thanks

Robert
Old April 21st 05, 02:15 AM
Dan

robtgross wrote:
If anyone is using an Eton E100 I would be interested in your

comments.
I played around with one in Radio Shack and was impressed with the
quality of the radio and its sound on FM. I was unable receive SW in

the
store.

Thanks

Robert

Robert:

Look here..

http://www.radiointel.com/review-e100pl200.htm

&
Where are you located that they sell Eton E100's in RatShacks..
Only Cell phones here

Dan / NYC

Old April 21st 05, 02:21 AM
Invader3K

I got to do the same thing the other day...I thought the build quality
seemed pretty good for such a little radio. I didn't get to hear it (no
power), but it seemed pretty solid.

Old April 21st 05, 09:20 PM

Invader3K wrote:
I got to do the same thing the other day...I thought the build

quality
seemed pretty good for such a little radio. I didn't get to hear it

(no
power), but it seemed pretty solid.

.................................................. .............................

I have had an E100 for about 6 months. I find it quite sensitive with
clear audio. The only problem for me is that it is so small. I have to
put on my glasses to read some of the markings and readouts. The memory
programming is a bit tricky, but if I can get used to it, anyone can. I
use it mainly for walks with the dog and it is small enough to fit in
any pocket. Bandwidth and stability are fine and battery drain is quite
low on NiMH cells. It seems specially designed to be ultra-compact with
no circuit compromises except for the small but clear speaker. You
might also want to look at the larger E10 for general home use for its
better sound and filters.........73........ken........