Old April 26th 05, 02:27 AM
radioman390

Default Better hold on to your shortwave TUBE radio

Is Iran planning on detonating an A-Bomb high over the US to cripple
all our transistor-based technology?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=43956

Old April 26th 05, 02:40 AM
David

On 25 Apr 2005 18:27:12 -0700, "radioman390"
wrote:

Is Iran planning on detonating an A-Bomb high over the US to cripple
all our transistor-based technology?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=43956

I would think that Israel is the only threat Iran is planning to
neutralize. Those POS Chinese missiles are no threat to anyone in the
Western Hemisphere.

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/iran/missile/shahab-3.htm

Old April 26th 05, 02:54 AM
€ Dr. Artaud €

"radioman390" wrote in news:1114478832.222537.114010
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

My Start Page, when I open Internet Explorer, is actually a page of popular
links in table form that I made using Microsoft Word, and the page is
stored on the drive. It works out nice, opens very quick, and doesn't call
for a connection when Internet Explorer is opened. I have animated images
dispersed throughout the page to give it life.

World Net Daily used to be one of the links on the start page, but no more.
I deleted it sometime ago and have never regretted it. This article shows
why.

Obviously we live in a very large country, maybe they could pull this off
over a country of insignificant size, but not the U.S.

I have relegated World Net Daily to the usual source of Neo-Con news
available in so many places.

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=43956

Old April 26th 05, 03:26 AM

The real scary thing about it is,It could happen.China and North Korea
and other rogue states/countries are getting better and better at
building long range intercontinental missiles.I still Say World Net
Daily is a Good news website.But,to each their own,I always say.
cuhulin

Old April 26th 05, 03:32 AM
running dogg

€ Dr. Artaud € wrote:

"radioman390" wrote in news:1114478832.222537.114010
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

My Start Page, when I open Internet Explorer, is actually a page of popular
links in table form that I made using Microsoft Word, and the page is
stored on the drive. It works out nice, opens very quick, and doesn't call
for a connection when Internet Explorer is opened. I have animated images
dispersed throughout the page to give it life.

World Net Daily used to be one of the links on the start page, but no more.
I deleted it sometime ago and have never regretted it. This article shows
why.

Obviously we live in a very large country, maybe they could pull this off
over a country of insignificant size, but not the U.S.

I have relegated World Net Daily to the usual source of Neo-Con news
available in so many places.

Actually, the idea of terrorists detonating a nuclear bomb over the US
to wipe out solid state technology dates from 2000, when it was used as
the premise in a TV show called Dark Angel. In the show, "terrorists"
detonate a nuclear bomb "80 miles" above the US in 2010, wiping out all
solid state technology and turning the country into an impoverished
third world country that's a cross between a fascist state (not quite
Nazi Germany; maybe Franco's Spain) and a banana republic. The show is
set in 2019 and follows the efforts of a rich dissident and a
genetically engineered superhuman (Michael Weatherly and Jessica Alba,
respectively, who married in real life during the show's run) to
overthrow the corrupt and oppressive postapocalypse government. Dark
Angel lasted two seasons, but the cost of recreating a postapocalypse US
week after week took its toll and the show was canceled due to sticker
shock on the part of Fox execs. I see that the idea of using a nuke to
bring the US to its knees in this manner hasn't gone away. It's gone
from fiction to conspiraloon "fact".

Regards,

Dr. Artaud

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=43956

Old April 26th 05, 03:38 AM
El Dubya

radioman390 wrote:
Is Iran planning on detonating an A-Bomb high over the US to cripple
all our transistor-based technology?

Uh ohhhhh .. I've been told that even my R4c has some solid state
parts.

Might be time to dust out the SP-600JX.

Whatcha got, Bro. Lawrence?

Wouldn't want you left outa the SWL-ing frenzy that is sure to follow
"the big bang".

Old April 26th 05, 03:42 AM
Bill Crocker

There is nothing new here. Why do you think our country has been running
fiber-optic cable underground, and Apple's iPod has an all metal back on it!
LOL!

Bill Crocker

oups.com...

Old April 26th 05, 03:56 AM
Igor Reameas Rothschild

"radioman390" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is Iran planning on detonating an A-Bomb high over the US to cripple
all our transistor-based technology?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=43956

If you seriously believe the validity of the daily lineup of
utter bullshi+ that appears on WorldNetDaily
then I guess you also believe the 'news stories'
reported in tabloids like the Weekly World News.....

Old April 26th 05, 04:54 AM

Start buying dried beans and rice and peas and corn and fruit and eggs
and powered milk and water purifiers now! The Sky is falling! the Sky is
falling! and don't forget boys and girls,, Buy Gold! Buy Gold! Buy Gold!
and head for the Hills! The Sky is falling! the Sky is falling! and the
three millimeter GIANT Tsunamie waves are coming! We are Doomed! We are
Doomed! the World is coming to an End! Hurry,Hurry Hurry! before it is
too late!
cuhulin