Old April 27th 05, 09:50 PM
€ Dr. Artaud €

Default EICAR TEST VIRUS STRING

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

More Information:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_98616.htm

I post this so that I can open it to see if my Virus Scanner detects this
line from the Newsreader. I pasted this line into an empty Notebook page,
then attempted to save it to the Desk Top. Norton's instantly detected and
removed it. This is a Test Expression to verify that your Anti-Virus is
working.

Dr. Artaud
Old April 27th 05, 10:14 PM
€ Dr. Artaud €

"€ Dr. Artaud €" wrote in
:

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

More Information:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_98616.htm

I post this so that I can open it to see if my Virus Scanner detects
this line from the Newsreader. I pasted this line into an empty
Notebook page, then attempted to save it to the Desk Top. Norton's
instantly detected and removed it. This is a Test Expression to verify
that your Anti-Virus is working.

Dr. Artaud

Well, opening it didn't do anything. Like I said, take the expression,
save it in a blank Notebook page, and save it to your drive. My anti-
virus removed it immediately. I realize that this does not rule out .exe
..com .doc and other forms of virus.

This test was done in response to the individual that said that he/she
got a virus on this NG. It sounded to me to be more like an exploited
problem with an HTML enabled reader that permitted the reader to spawn
repetitive HTML links.

Regards,

Dr. Artaud
Old April 27th 05, 11:49 PM
Dan

Dr. Artaud :

Groovy !!

- tried the above & my virus catcher worked as noted above..

Will Share The Love with my fellow travelers..

Old April 28th 05, 01:14 AM
Mark

"? Dr. Artaud ?" wrote in message
"? Dr. Artaud ?" wrote in
:

[...]

Works fine! Can't even save the file, gets trapped as a virus.

Mark.
Auckland
New Zealand.