RadioBanter

-   -   "Shortwave is actually experiencing a resurgence" (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/69917-%22shortwave-actually-experiencing-resurgence%22.html)

[email protected] April 28th 05 04:40 PM

Pirate Shortwave Radio is the Best! Shortwave Radio listening of all.I
have ALWAYS LIKED PIRATE SHORTWAVE RADIO.I ALWAYS WILL TOO.
cuhulin

[email protected] April 28th 05 04:49 PM

John S,a little over a year ago,I got a phone call from that WHOAR,
betsy myers at nbc.(or whichever Commie outfit that WHOAR! works for) I
picked up my phone,I says,Who is this? BITCH,says,Mr.Ryan,I am betsy
myers,I told that Filthy Bitch Slut ****! to Don't Ever Phone Me Again!
(Hit it,Willie Nelson,on www.us963.com The City Of New Orleans)
cuhulin

Greg April 28th 05 05:29 PM

Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:55:19 -0500
Subject: "Shortwave is actually experiencing a resurgence"

Teledifusion,that is what that lady said on that radio in that hotel
room when I did my five days R&R in Hong Kong,China in 1964.Over four
years ago,I mentioned something about than in an email of mine to that
married Irish woman wayyyyy over yonder across the big pond in Bognor
Regis,England and the next day she emailed me a good explanation of
Teledifusion.I forget most of what she said about it though...

(snip)
Thanks for weighing in.

Greg

[email protected] April 28th 05 06:14 PM

Yeah,but I know about Teledifusion though and I know I need to go take a
**** and then get on over to the Goodwill thrift store.
cuhulin

John S. April 28th 05 06:48 PM

I don't understand....

William Mutch April 28th 05 06:49 PM

In article ,
says...
FCC regulations prohibit SW broadcasting to domestic audiences. That has a
lot to do with it.

All those televangalists are all talking to their overseas
missions? Right ?? yeh, righr

"Michael" wrote in message

I've always been
ASTOUNDED that sw is so underused and undermarketed. I dont get it.

Michael

[email protected] April 28th 05 06:58 PM

Out the door and on me way to the Goodwill thrift store rat now.
cuhulin

Michael April 28th 05 11:14 PM

"CW" wrote in message
.net...
FCC regulations prohibit SW broadcasting to domestic audiences. That has a
lot to do with it.

There are legal and technical ways around that for sure.

Michael

[email protected] April 29th 05 12:17 AM

I doubt that 97 percent of regular business travelers listen to
shortwave. However, I do think that shortwave is primed to experience a
resurgence. Let me explain...

When we're all moaning about the discontinuation of various receivers,
we tend to focus on the high-end receivers, which are indeed being
'thinned out'. However, thanks to the Chinese, the world is being
flooded with inexpensive shortwave radios. I believe that this latter
fact will eventually work to the advantage of the high-end market.
People will get cheap shortwave radios, enjoy them and then come down
with a nagging and persistent curiosity about how much more they could
hear with a *better* receiver. So, I expect the large number of sales
of low-end receivers will eventually translate into demand for better
receivers.

I could be wrong, but isn't this the way it usually works? I ended up
with an R8B only after going through a string of less expensive radios
and always developing a yearning for more. I think this is fairly
common.

Steve

Honus April 29th 05 01:22 AM

"John S." wrote in message