Old May 17th 05, 08:46 PM
Lucky

"beerbarrel" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:41:17 -0400, "Lucky"
wrote:

Hi guys.

I just wanted your opinions on this matter.
When I bid on items on Ebay, I usually stay away from auctions that "ship
worldwide". The reason for that is I found that many sellers don't ship
overseas. So, when there is an auction for a much wanted item, it usually
bids up very high. The reason being there are so many more bidders from
around the world instead of just the U.S.

OK, I see an item I want to bid on. It says more then 3 times in big
letters, "ships to U.S. ONLY" And yes it said just that. "To US only". OK
bid on the item. At the very end a new bidder jumps in. He wins the
auction
of course since his bid is $10 more then mine.

I then check him out and see he is a bidder from Japan. I figure this guy
didn't follow the rules of the auction or asked permission to do so. I
then
write the seller asking her if she knew the winner was from Japan. She
wrote
back saying "No, I didn't know that. Thanks for alerting me to this. Plus,
he hasn't even payed me yet".

I tell her listen, he broke the rules. I told her I would pay his winning
bid of $10 more so you would not lose anything and this foreign bidder can
easily be disqualified since he didn't respect the instructions in the ad.
She said she would get back to me.

Well, she never got back to me and now I see she left this guy positive
feedback already. Was this right? I mean I bid on the item since there was
no "ships worldwide" and the seller admitted to me she didn't know he was
overseas bidder but sold to him anyway.

Do I have any type of recourse on this?
It just doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks for any replies
Lucky

You should change your moniker!
_____________________
www.ReformUS.org

I asked for a opinion on this matter,but didn't know an asshole like you is
full of them.

Lucky

Old May 17th 05, 08:46 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Lucky wrote:
"patgkz" wrote in message

Would it matter that the bidder is overseas or is it just the fact that
you were out-and-out just plain-old OUTBID?

Place a higher bid next time and you'll have a better chance of getting
the item, no matter who is bidding against you. That's how eBay works.

"Lucky" wrote in message

Hi guys.

I just wanted your opinions on this matter.
When I bid on items on Ebay, I usually stay away from auctions that "ship
worldwide". The reason for that is I found that many sellers don't ship
overseas. So, when there is an auction for a much wanted item, it usually
bids up very high. The reason being there are so many more bidders from
around the world instead of just the U.S.

OK, I see an item I want to bid on. It says more then 3 times in big
letters, "ships to U.S. ONLY" And yes it said just that. "To US only".
OK I bid on the item. At the very end a new bidder jumps in. He wins the
auction of course since his bid is $10 more then mine.

I then check him out and see he is a bidder from Japan. I figure this guy
didn't follow the rules of the auction or asked permission to do so. I
then write the seller asking her if she knew the winner was from Japan.
She wrote back saying "No, I didn't know that. Thanks for alerting me to
this. Plus, he hasn't even payed me yet".

I tell her listen, he broke the rules. I told her I would pay his winning
bid of $10 more so you would not lose anything and this foreign bidder
can easily be disqualified since he didn't respect the instructions in
the ad. She said she would get back to me.

Well, she never got back to me and now I see she left this guy positive
feedback already. Was this right? I mean I bid on the item since there
was no "ships worldwide" and the seller admitted to me she didn't know he
was a overseas bidder but sold to him anyway.

Do I have any type of recourse on this?
It just doesn't seem right to me.

Thanks for any replies
Lucky

No that's not the real reason I'm mad. You see, it wouldn't have bid up that
high but these collectors from Japan are willing to pay crazy prices for
certain radios.

And that is their perogative.

If I saw that the auction was for overseas bidders too, I
would have passed on it right from the start cause I knew what happened
would happen and it did.

And you would be no better/worse off than you are now. So quit whinning
and except the fact you were out bid and the seller has the absolute
right to sell to that bidder no matter where the bidder is located.
You obviously didn't want the item as bad as the winning bidder or you
would have bid more.

I did bid pretty high too. But yes, of course I'm ****ed I didn't win it but
would have if she kept the auction the way it was represented and followed
her contract. And the next time I see an auction that says US ONLY I will
ask the seller if they will stick to that before I bid.

So would you be just as ****ed if someone from the US outbid you? Not
bidding on an item you want just because the seller will ship world wide
is a foolish stand to take. Bid anyway, you just might win and if you
don't then it just means someone else was willing to pay more than you.
Saying she would not ship outside the US is not a contract. She has the
right to change her mind at any time. You need to get over it.
Old May 17th 05, 08:49 PM
dxAce

wrote:

[...]

My opinion is that you're a whiner.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 17th 05, 08:54 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

certain radios. If I saw that the auction was for overseas bidders too, I
would have passed on it right from the start cause I knew what happened
would happen and it did.

I did bid pretty high too. But yes, of course I'm ****ed I didn't win it but
would have if she kept the auction the way it was represented and followed
her contract. And the next time I see an auction that says US ONLY I will
ask the seller if they will stick to that before I bid.

Thanks for the reply
Lucky

Old May 17th 05, 08:57 PM
dxAce

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

How do you know she didn't 'follow her contract' you stupid 'tard? The buyer may
very well have had someone here in the USA to ship to.

Stop your incessant whining.

Absolutely boggling.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 17th 05, 09:12 PM
dxAce

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

What is your auction ID? I want to make sure I block you in advance.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 17th 05, 10:51 PM
Brenda Ann

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

There are also buyers like me.. I live in Korea, but my address is a US
address (military). I rarely have problems, but occasionally I'll run into
someone that won't ship to me because they only use UPS or FedEx. I can
maybe understand someone not wanting to take the time and effort to go to
the post office if it's a ways away and the item is only a few dollars
worth.. but if it's something that sells for say, $300 or more, then it's
kinda foolhardy to decide you don't want to sell to someone if you can't get
it picked up at your home.

Old May 17th 05, 11:48 PM
Michael Black

"Lucky" ) writes:

No that's not the real reason I'm mad. You see, it wouldn't have bid up that
high but these collectors from Japan are willing to pay crazy prices for
certain radios. If I saw that the auction was for overseas bidders too, I
would have passed on it right from the start cause I knew what happened
would happen and it did.

But since you lost the auction, it doesn't matter how high you bid, since
you're not paying the price.

It would be different if she doesn't sell to the Japanese bidder, but
expects you to pay the full bid, since at that point the bidding is
inflated, if the Japanese guy was your direct competition.

Michael

Old May 18th 05, 02:04 AM
m II

Lucky wrote:

I did bid pretty high too. But yes, of course I'm ****ed I didn't win it but
would have if she kept the auction the way it was represented and followed
her contract. And the next time I see an auction that says US ONLY I will
ask the seller if they will stick to that before I bid.

Good thinking. It's still a sad state of affairs when you have to ask if someone
will stick to the terms they themselves set. Mind you, this situation can work
to your benefit, too. I've told some 'US only' sellers that if they would ship
to Canada, I'd bid on the item. Out of the three times I asked, Two said ok. The
third said the paper work was too much. He was a high volume seller with his
hands full as it was. I could see his point.

mike