Old May 21st 05, 12:00 AM

Default Antenna input Z test putoff a week or two.

I had planed on testing the antenna input imdedence
on several SW receivers this weekend, but a friend
has a faily emergency and mywife and I get to babysit
all week end.

Nice family and nice kids, my wife will help the kids,
a set of twin sisters, with a quilt on an old pumper
sewing machine.

No RFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I will while the day away with some antenna
and feedline experiments.

Thye live "out in the boonies", so it promises to be a
good radio weekend.

I hope eveyone has a good weekend.

Terry

Old May 21st 05, 06:30 AM

What kind of gear do you use that can test input impedance at what I
presume are very low signal levels? I've only ever measured the
impedance of passive components which can obviously take a beating from
a network analyser.

Is it as simple as taking a very low impedance source and putting a
variable resistor in series with it, then seeing the effect on the
output of the radio?

Make your own T2FD Kees Shortwave 75 July 2nd 04 07:54 AM
Ideas for a homemade mobile antenna. Chris CB 152 June 24th 04 02:13 AM
X-terminator antenna (Scott Unit 69) CB 77 October 29th 03 01:52 AM
Outdoor Antenna and lack of intermod Soliloquy Scanner 11 October 11th 03 01:36 AM
50 Ohms "Real Resistive" impedance a Misnomer? Dr. Slick Antenna 255 July 29th 03 11:24 PM