Old May 23rd 05, 06:02 PM

Default BBC - I wonder why no comments

A major shaking up of 'normal' programming/news on the BBC outlets
including SW over the weekend and no mentions or comments on the
situation on this SW message board. I guess everyone is too preocupied
with Fox News, politics, religion and other OT or borderline OT
subjects that have far less to do with SW listening than programming
interuptions at one of the 'majors'.

Just some idle thoughts

For more info on the subject if anyone is interested.....

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/23/news...c_strike.reut/

Old May 23rd 05, 06:08 PM
John S.

Could be either or both of:
1. This was anticipated.
2. Nobody noticed the difference in beeb programming...????

Old May 23rd 05, 07:43 PM
Frank Dresser

wrote in message
ups.com...
A major shaking up of 'normal' programming/news on the BBC outlets
including SW over the weekend and no mentions or comments on the
situation on this SW message board. I guess everyone is too preocupied
with Fox News, politics, religion and other OT or borderline OT
subjects that have far less to do with SW listening than programming
interuptions at one of the 'majors'.

Does "everyone" still listen to the World Service? I stopped tuning 'em in
years ago!

Frank Dresser

Old May 23rd 05, 10:47 PM
Bob Miller

On 23 May 2005 10:02:01 -0700, "
wrote:

A major shaking up of 'normal' programming/news on the BBC outlets
including SW over the weekend and no mentions or comments on the
situation on this SW message board. I guess everyone is too preocupied
with Fox News, politics, religion and other OT or borderline OT
subjects that have far less to do with SW listening than programming
interuptions at one of the 'majors'.

Just some idle thoughts

For more info on the subject if anyone is interested.....

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/23/news...c_strike.reut/

Sorry to hear about the BBC. I'm still trying to figure out how Tucker
Carlson replaced Bill Moyers on my beloved PBS...

bob
k5qwg

Old May 24th 05, 01:42 AM
Tom Randy

On Mon, 23 May 2005 20:41:29 +0000, m II wrote:

wrote:

A major shaking up of 'normal' programming/news on the BBC outlets
including SW over the weekend and no mentions or comments on the
situation on this SW message board. I guess everyone is too preocupied
with Fox News, politics, religion and other OT or borderline OT
subjects that have far less to do with SW listening than programming
interuptions at one of the 'majors'.

Just some idle thoughts

For more info on the subject if anyone is interested.....

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/23/news...c_strike.reut/

CBC Radio reported on it this morning. Having four thousand people lose their
income really hurts. They should just can the head honcho for incompetence and
use the money to pay wages.

mike

Well Mike that makes far too much sense and we can't have that now can we?

Sad....

Old May 24th 05, 02:29 AM
running dogg

A major shaking up of 'normal' programming/news on the BBC outlets
including SW over the weekend and no mentions or comments on the
situation on this SW message board. I guess everyone is too preocupied
with Fox News, politics, religion and other OT or borderline OT
subjects that have far less to do with SW listening than programming
interuptions at one of the 'majors'.

Just some idle thoughts

For more info on the subject if anyone is interested.....

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/23/news...c_strike.reut/

BBC on 9825 at 0200 (from Ascension to SAm) very noisy and hard to hear
over the last week or so. I know it's not directed to California, but
nevertheless it usually comes in S9 and audible. Over the last week I've
been lucky to get an S5 (and noisy) signal level. I noticed that The
World Today sounded different on Sunday night (Monday morning UTC) but I
couldn't hear it well enough to make out what they were saying. Has
there been ANOTHER strike at the BBC?

Old May 27th 05, 08:44 AM

In: . com, " wrote:
A major shaking up of 'normal' programming/news on the BBC outlets
including SW over the weekend and no mentions or comments on the
situation on this SW message board. I guess everyone is too preocupied
with Fox News, politics, religion and other OT or borderline OT
subjects that have far less to do with SW listening than programming
interuptions at one of the 'majors'.

Just some idle thoughts

For more info on the subject if anyone is interested.....

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/23/news...c_strike.reut/

In the US anyway... I can't get BBC very well. Wish I could, as it's
some of the best programming around.

Not much to talk about I guess, except to say I hope the BBC survives
it is one of the few fairly trustworthy sources of information.

Jamie
(rot13) User Management Solutions
Old May 27th 05, 12:31 PM
dxAce

" wrote:

A major shaking up of 'normal' programming/news on the BBC outlets
including SW over the weekend and no mentions or comments on the
situation on this SW message board. I guess everyone is too preocupied
with Fox News, politics, religion and other OT or borderline OT
subjects that have far less to do with SW listening than programming
interuptions at one of the 'majors'.

Just some idle thoughts

For more info on the subject if anyone is interested.....

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/23/news...c_strike.reut/

I guess you were more interested in CNN?

dxAce
Michigan
USA