Old May 24th 05, 03:34 AM
Tebojockey

Default New PNG shortwave station on 7120 kHz

Papua New Guinea Christian Broadcasting Network has commenced
operations on 7120 kHz. Heard here in the CNMI with thunderous
signals at 1012 UTC 5/23 with a local police inspector talking about
the disciplinary measures which can be taken against constables
(wierd!). Lotsa christian C&W music and pidgin announcements and
music. ID's as Wantok Radio Light, and 93.9 FM. Made many mentions
of 7120 serving the nation and read names of people who were calling
in with repots. Put several of them on the air.

WRTH 2005 said this was a future planned operation between HCJB and
some other organization. Planned power was said to be 100kW. This
seems likely as the strength is the same or better than the 4890 kHz
powerhouse with 100kW.

Operations seems to be 24x7, but may be erratic as this is a start up.
Good luck in hearing them, and I am already waiting on my QSL!

Al in CNMI

Old May 24th 05, 12:22 PM
Brad

"Tebojockey" wrote in message
[...]

Oh great! That used to be a good frequency to operate by day in VK, now it
is clobbering a 10khz chunk out of existance. The 7100-7150 segment was
supposed to be cleared of broadcasters and now this comes along.

Brad VK2QQ

Old May 24th 05, 10:46 PM
Tebojockey

On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:22:02 +1000, "Brad" bradvk2qq at w6ir.com
wrote:

"Tebojockey" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

As a fellow amateur op, I empathize, but ham loss is SWL gain! BTW, I
heard other broadcasters beneath it, so this chunk was already snagged
by others. Be glad China hasn't discovered this plot of land yet.
They are ubiquitous and a nuisance to the DX'er!

Al in CNMI

Old May 24th 05, 11:10 PM
AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards

nice signal into sydney