Old May 25th 05, 06:59 AM
Mike Terry

Default Christian Broadcasting Station in Madagascar to Reach Five Billion

Tuesday, May 24 , 2005

World Christian Broadcasting has begun a new project to build a broadcasting
facility on the island of Madagascar. This new radio station will increase
the potential audience from three to five billion people, to over two-thirds
of the planet who will be able to listen to Christian broadcast signal.

The second shortwave transmitter and antenna in Anchor Point, Alaska of the
Short Wave Station KNLS, owned and operated by World Christian Broadcasting
doubled the daily transmission time from 10 to a total of 20 hours.

The broadcasts in 4 languages of Mandarin, Chinese, Russian and English are
made possible by churches, individual Christians, foundations and businesses
using the facilities of Station KNLS, and the new structure is the result of
"Double the Dream" - a successful fund-raising campaign.

Andy Baker, Vice-President, directing the campaign said, "The success of the
'Double the Dream Campaign' is the result of the efforts of a dedicated
staff of workers and a whole host of generous contributors."

"Without them, we would have had only a faint hope of success, but thanks to
God, we have realised our dream. Now, we can broadcast a full ten hours to
the Chinese, without interruptions, a full six hours in Russian and four in
English. That's twice what we have been doing since 1983!" Baker added.

President of World Christian Broadcasting, Charles Caudill explained about
the hard work of staff in Anchor Point, "They had to work in some of the
worst weather conditions you can imagine. The toughness and perseverance of
Kevin Chambers, Dave Dvorak and Charlie Perry is an outstanding example of
dedication and purpose. We are very grateful to them."

In a response, the President of Madagascar, Marc Ravalomanana, offered
enough land for the World Christian Broadcasting company to build a
state-of-the-art, digital broadcasting facility, capable to reach all of
Africa, Australia, Europe, the entire Middle East, European Russia, several
Scandinavian countries and South-western China.

Arabic programming will be added to the three languages used now.

World Christian Broadcasting, a non-profit organisation whose purpose is to
help make it possible to teach God's Word each day to people who are
otherwise beyond missionary outreach, says that the land is secure and
ground preparation has started. World Christian Broadcasting will now fully
focus on building the facilities there.

After completing the first preparations, digging the wells, stringing the
power lines and installing the security fences, the combined stations will
constitute one of the largest and most powerful digital broadcasters in the
world.

http://www.christiantoday.com/news/m...illion/275.htm

Janet Dean

Old May 26th 05, 02:36 PM

Another outlet for Brother Stair!

Hudley Pearse

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 03:51 PM
RILEY SAYS K1MAN BROADCASTS ARE LEGAL Dave Welby Policy 28 August 31st 04 01:59 AM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM