Old May 25th 05, 05:11 PM
John Rocheleau

I guess the page was an altered BBC news page, but here is another link to
it aside from the one provided in the post:
http://www.fmft.net/archives/BBC_NEWS.htm
It's an actual BBC page with that article inserted--I'm assuming--I doubt
now that one will find it in the BBC archive for that date.

John
www.RocheleauPipes.com

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...
Where did you see the link to the article on the BBC news website...I
don't see one.

This is a perfect example of how easily people can be taken in by wrong
information on a website. We are all used to printed newspapers
providing articles with some level of reporting accuracy and truth.
Many of us wrongly assume the same level of honesty applies to web
based "news". Anyone can create a newsy looking website with the most
outrageously wrong stories.

Old May 25th 05, 06:50 PM
Roy Blankenship

"John Rocheleau" wrote in message
I guess the page was an altered BBC news page, but here is another link to
it aside from the one provided in the post:
http://www.fmft.net/archives/BBC_NEWS.htm
It's an actual BBC page with that article inserted--I'm assuming--I doubt
now that one will find it in the BBC archive for that date.

John
www.RocheleauPipes.com

Try this:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/lionmidget.asp

Old May 25th 05, 08:43 PM
John S.

Sorry, but anyone can create an attribution.

Just like this:

Washington Post
May 25, 2005
C.C. Olumbus, Post Editor

Remains of B-29 Bomber sighted on the moon. See our exclusive photo's
below.

(The National Enquirer actually ran a piece like that)

Old May 25th 05, 08:56 PM
Ducksbreath

It's easy to tell the story is a hoax because the story is unavailable
on the bbc website, and why is the domain name different in the first
place.

Lions and midgets, great combination though !