Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 27th 05, 08:50 AM

Default General Warning or Advisory/Tip about bidding on ebay.

Hi newsgroup:

I "bid" on a radio, within an hour or so, someone "outbid" me. So-far so good,
all is fair. (and I was kind of glad for opportunity to change my mind)

Anyhow, I *didn't* engage in a bidding war, the other guy won. After the auction
I was given an offer to "purchase" the radio.

I *suspect* the seller had another account and bid to inflate the price, hoping
I'd play along. Nothing illegal or immoral about it, but just thought I'd point
it out to anyone looking. (Seemed strange that all of a sudden someone would be
interested in it, despite there were still hours to go and it had been listed
for days)

If you are interested in something with relatively few (or no) bidders, bid on
an item and then are outbid, it just might be the merchant playing you. By not
playing along, you could end up saving yourself the cost of a bidding fight.

As for me, I'm still looking at them, just not emotionally attached. (My ace in
the hole)

Jamie
(rot13) User Management Solutions