Old June 2nd 05, 09:00 PM
JLewis

Default Best unbiased SW REAL newscasts?

Not meaning to sound paranoid about the politically controlled newscasts
here in the U.S., but can someone recommend a good reliable SW station that
provides real, honest to God, true facts and figures newscasts?

It would be great to listen to someone who is without bias, and not trying
to achieve their own agenda...

Or are there any stations left?

Thanks.

Old June 2nd 05, 09:19 PM
David

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:00:45 -0500, "JLewis"
wrote:

Not meaning to sound paranoid about the politically controlled newscasts
here in the U.S., but can someone recommend a good reliable SW station that
provides real, honest to God, true facts and figures newscasts?

It would be great to listen to someone who is without bias, and not trying
to achieve their own agenda...

Or are there any stations left?

Thanks.

BBC World Service

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/

Old June 2nd 05, 09:27 PM
Dan

Ditto..

I woould suggest radio Nerw Zealand or radio Australia, but I think
they usually broadcast excerpts from the BBC when they speak on
international subjects.
Good for Pacific Basin stuff

The BBC also has financial news from round the world

Radio China International is a good source for China related news...

Old June 2nd 05, 10:39 PM
running dogg

Dan wrote:

Ditto..

I woould suggest radio Nerw Zealand or radio Australia, but I think
they usually broadcast excerpts from the BBC when they speak on
international subjects.
Good for Pacific Basin stuff

The BBC also has financial news from round the world

Radio China International is a good source for China related news...

BBC tends to be somewhat on the liberal side, but the depth of their
reporting is unmatched by anybody else. And they report stuff that isn't
reported or is underreported by US media. If you're solely looking for
news about the US that isn't reported in the US, and don't care about
bias, Radio Havana is always interesting. They're very radical by US
standards in their bias, and their object is to make the US look as bad
as possible, but every so often they get a real doozy of a story that US
media doesn't pick up on or picks up on a couple days later. They're
also good for hearing the Muslim side of the conflicts in the Middle
East.

Old June 3rd 05, 08:01 AM

RHC copy writers are damn clever. Nothing they say is a lie, but the
news is really a hit piece. I'd like to know where Cuba finds people
with such an understanding of American nuance.

What ever happened to Monitor Radio out of Boston?

Old June 3rd 05, 03:51 PM
lsmyer

I also recommend that you try Radio Havana, but also try Rush Limbaugh, Air
America, Drudge, CNN, Focus on the Family, C-Span, NY Times, your local
newspaper, and as many other sources you can find. And then take all that
information, and compile it into your own version of the truth. Each of us
is responsible for our own destiny, and so each of us must be responsible
for our own version of the truth.

Old June 3rd 05, 06:00 PM
JLewis

Thanks guys,

Although I would hardly call the BBC "agenda free" - and certainly not Cuba.

I guess the answer to my question is - there are none...kinda what I
thought...

Sad.

Old June 3rd 05, 06:41 PM
David

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:00:59 -0500, "JLewis"
wrote:

Thanks guys,

Although I would hardly call the BBC "agenda free" - and certainly not Cuba.

I guess the answer to my question is - there are none...kinda what I
thought...

Sad.

If you get your news from corporate media you will quickly become
insane. The BBC gets the facts right. Learn to listen past their
sarcastic tones of voice. I like WRN on Sirius.