Old June 3rd 05, 03:20 AM
David

Default Where'd Medium Wave Go

720, 810, 840 all absent. Usually booming this time of day.

Old June 3rd 05, 03:48 AM
Michael Black

David ) writes:
720, 810, 840 all absent. Usually booming this time of day.

Who cares right now. It's really hot here, and that means
we are likely to see increased activity on the FM band. I realize
that is different from listening on the FM band, but it was wonderful
a few years back when I heard an Mississippi station here in Montreal.
I'd just woken up, it was July, and it was steaming hot.

Michael

Old June 3rd 05, 07:09 PM
John S.

Hazards (and fun) of long distance dxning I guess. Had my favorite
Toronto oldies station AM740 disappear into the mud for 2 weeks...I was
in withdrawl!!! But now it's back.

Old June 3rd 05, 08:34 PM

John S. wrote:
Hazards (and fun) of long distance dxning I guess. Had my favorite
Toronto oldies station AM740 disappear into the mud for 2 weeks...I was
in withdrawl!!! But now it's back.

.................................................. ...................................
Strange propagation for a month now. From my location on the edge of
the Laurentian shield, I rely on sky wave to hear Art Bell & Co at
night. I
have the big clear channel stations set up on the pushbutton of my
dx-398
so that as one station fades out I can switch to another with a
different skip distance and not miss any thrilling detail of the end of
the world, etc.
The stations on the buttons are Chicago 890, Des Moines 1040, WGY,
among others.
All these stations have vanished with no hint of a signal for almost a
month.
I don't know if this is caused by some seasonal change, HAARP, an
upcoming pole shift, or the chemtrails in the sky being laid down every
day, and if I can't
hear Art Bell, I can't find out what is going on. Should I sell my
shortwave radios, buy some Burky water filters, lay in a year's supply
of dried food,
or study Edgar Cayce?
Strangely, although shortwave is the pits, except for some long skip,
the usual bible thumpers are still coming through on shortwave. Could
it be some sort of cosmic conspiracy? Or is it scientifically explained
by sunpots. Even my GE II just hisses, a bit Satanic, I think.

Old June 3rd 05, 08:41 PM
dxAce

John S. wrote:
Hazards (and fun) of long distance dxning I guess. Had my favorite
Toronto oldies station AM740 disappear into the mud for 2 weeks...I was
in withdrawl!!! But now it's back.

.................................................. ..................................
[...]

Yeah it's HAARP! Sheeesh... is there a 'tard boy school you all graduate from up there?

Most of you seem to have a 4.0 TPA

('Tard Point Average)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 3rd 05, 10:09 PM
running dogg

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

John S. wrote:
[...]

He's JOKING, you freaking idiot! Sheesh!

Old June 3rd 05, 11:51 PM
dxAce

running dogg wrote:

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

John S. wrote:
[...]

Really? He's not in CanaDuh?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 4th 05, 01:42 AM
Tony Meloche

John S. wrote:
Hazards (and fun) of long distance dxning I guess. Had my favorite
Toronto oldies station AM740 disappear into the mud for 2 weeks...I was
in withdrawl!!! But now it's back.

I could have written this post! The solar activity made AM 740 vanish,
all right, but it is coming back these last few nights. Where do you
listen from, John?

Remember last winter when it was clear as a bell from 6:30 or so on?

Tony

Old June 4th 05, 01:43 PM
clifto

Tony Meloche wrote:
John S. wrote:
Hazards (and fun) of long distance dxning I guess. Had my favorite
Toronto oldies station AM740 disappear into the mud for 2 weeks...I was
in withdrawl!!! But now it's back.

I could have written this post! The solar activity made AM 740 vanish,
all right, but it is coming back these last few nights. Where do you
listen from, John?

It comes and goes for me in suburban Chicago.

--
I miss my .signature.