Old June 5th 05, 06:59 PM
Lucky

Default 6925 USB active again at ~04:05Z

wrote in message
oups.com...
Weak (S1) but clear USB signal here in central KY at 04:05.
Replay of earlier feed tonight, a program on Vietnam, as in
"good morning Vietnaum".

He is playing a good selection of music.

By 04:07 it had crept up to S5.

This time I think I have my audio wired correctlyand I am recording
this signal on one ch and WWV(10MHz S9+20) on the other.

Terry

Hi Terry

That's a good idea taping these pirate stations. I've been wanting to pick
up a tape recorder for a while now but have been putting it off. I need to
get a decent one. Some times Coast to Coast has some good guests on and I
fall asleep before it ends 5:00 AM EST.

Like Art Bell had this Russian guest on last week who was talking about all
the secret U.F.O. reports Russia supressed during the cold war.

It was great interesting stuff. The guy even has a ebook out for downloading
on all of it. I wished I would have had that whole program taped.

Lucky

Old June 6th 05, 12:05 AM

Go to your locla goodwill or other thrift store.
Pick up a VHS deck that appears to be in good
physical shape and isn't too dirty.
Power it up and see if it will load and play a tape.
Over the last few yers I have bought several VHS decks
this way and they allworked and only needed head
adn tape path cleaned.
The last VHS deck I got was a steal. S-VHS, with
the manaul and remote for $3. After a complete
cleaning, it is now the off air deck from my radios.
I use a real cheap "computer" camera that produces
NTSC to lock the VCR up. Many will lock up just fine
with no video but this one was stuborn.

I like to capture odd signals with WWV in one ch and
the target in the other. Makes it real easy to see what
happens when.

I try to cpautre to my Pc, but I don't want just to leave
my PC recording all night. While I most often use SP/2Hr mode,
LP/4Hr and SLP/EP/6Hr works fine on macines with "HiFi"
audio. the audi is recorded with the video as is much better
then the tiny linear audio tracks.

I bought a Teac 8CH mixer for $10 and use it to mix the
various sources to my VHS or PC. Sounds complex, but
it is real easy to use, after I got it wired up correctly!

I have thought of buying an Ipod to use as a recorder, they
capture as MP3, have USB for fast upload to a PC and are
selfpower and pretty RF quite. Belkin makes a $30 add on
that converts it into a recorder. But unless I can find one used,
I doubt if I will spring for one as they are just too pricy.

Terry