Old June 12th 05, 11:12 PM

Default Callsign 'NTVX' - shortwave pirate?

Possible Pirate TV Station on HF
7.000 MHz (40 meters shortwave) & 14.000 MHz (20 meters shortwave)
slow-scan Transmissions of somewhat surreal images and what appears to
be a lunar calendar. Russian, English, Czech(?) languages used Station
gives an internet address: NTVX dot NAROD dot RU

Old June 30th 05, 09:27 AM

NTVX is an independent free radio organisation. (We do not like the
term 'pirate' as it has negative implications.)

I am able to confirm that we have indeed been conducting HF test
transmissions on the 40m shortwave band prior to launching a new
slow-scan television operation.

We are pleased to see that our test transmissions have apparently been
received by at least one person judging by the mention we have received
across various newsgroups.
We have recently received several requests via email for more
information about the station.

We do not plan to fully open our information website for anything other
than QSL reports of our test transmissions until we commence regular
broadcasting later this year However we will acknowledge all emails
that reach us and have issued the following statement on newsgroups
where NTVX has been mentioned.
NTVX Shortwave 'pirate' TV - HF Test Transmissions
NTVX successfully concluded a series of test transmissions for a new
slow-scan television operation on 1/6/2005. Regular broadcasts on 40
metres (shortwave) are expected to commence from September 2005.
Contributors welcome.

END OF MESSAGE.