Old June 21st 05, 07:42 PM
lsmyer

I took a drastic step today. Those cheap Dollar Store batteries in my
BCL-2000 finally gave up the ghost today, so I went to Wal-Mart and bought
the radio four brand new Duracells. I guess the radio's worth $5 every two
years!

Old June 26th 05, 05:22 PM
Yodar

mike0219116 wrote:
Just a bit of trivia to add to this: I bought another S350 and it
arrived today, and I noticed that this I'd pay that for double conversion, but not singlt

I'd PAY that for double converison but not single. I'd also EXPECT a BFO
for SSB for that price

Yodar
one is pewter rather than
silver. I wonder how long this change has been implemented? I also
noticed that drift was 1 KHz at most at start-up and then disappeared
totally after about 20-30 Min.

jamulc wrote:

Presumably, there's less drift.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0036.html

Old June 26th 05, 11:09 PM

I've had one BCL2000 and an S350 and I found that despite the good
sensitivity, the tuning backlash, the drift, and the single conversion
birdies were totally unacceptable on both. My old DX-396 (also single
conversion) is definitely superior but not quite as sensitive. Runs
forever or 2 "C" cells.

Frank