Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 24th 05, 05:04 PM
Joe Analssandrini

Default Eton E1 MINUS XM

Hello Everybody,

I just got my new (July) issue of MONITORING TIMES and there, on page
4, is an Eton ad featuring, among others, the new Eton E1
AM/FM/Shortwave/"Satellite Ready" Radio $500.

No mention of XM - nor is the XM logo on the picture of the receiver
itself.

I guess Eton went back to the drawing board; hence, the (further) delay
in shipment.

They've only been "designing" this radio for the past ten years! I
wonder if they'll ever get their act together on this model or if it
will be decided to make this another example of "vapor" radio.

If they ever do produce this model I think it would be better NOT to be
the "first kid on the block" to buy one unless you LIKE being a "guinea
pig." Let others have the initial "misfortunes."

This is a pity as it appears that Eton is the only manufacturer who is
truly supporting shortwave radio. I only wish they would incorporate
the latest circuitry, such as synchronous selectable sideband, dual
conversion, and multiple bandwidths, in all of their models - including
their lower-priced ones such as the E10 (sad that this model at its
price is only single conversion) - even if they have to pay a license
fee for certain of these features.

In any event, and especially for those who have already ordered the E1,
DON'T hold your breath while waiting!

Best,

Joe