Old June 27th 05, 05:54 AM
m II

Default New Zealand QSL form he

Telamon's favourite station is coming in very well on 15.720
Radio New Zealand International.

04:30 GMT

An email QSL card card may be received by filling out reception details he

http://www.rnzi.com/pages/qsl_web.php

just putting a newly acquired Kenwood R1000 through the paces. I bought it today
in a used but nice condition. The seller knew nothing about it but the price
he wanted. There wasn't any wire around for an antenna, So I took a chance on
it working.

I got it home, hopes all raised. I cleared some space in the middle of the
mummified orange peels, dried out ball point pens and scsi cables running around
to my antique tape backup and scanner. The receiver now placed, I connected the
antenna and ground. The power button was pressed, to much anxiety and anticipation.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I hadn't been so disappointed since Santa started
bringing lumps of coal on a perennial basis.

I started turning the radio around, looking at how many screws I had to pull out
to get the cover off. That's when I noticed the sliding antenna switch, which
was in the wrong position for the terminal I had connected the wire to.

I just KNEW things would be good...and they were...

So far, the performance seem very close to the Ten Tec 320. Sound quality is
very nice, but it's not a fair comparison as the computer speakers are not very
good. I should connect the same decent speaker to both and get a real comparison.

The S meter seems optimistic, but i have only the on screen Ten Tec meter to
compare it to. That doesn't work, as the markings/scales are different.

I'm happy. It's been a good day. I hope the FRG7 doesn't get upset with this new
fangled stuff in the house. It was pretty shaken when I brought the Yaesu 9600 home.

mike

Lennie's Back In Form...Old Rant's...Same Form... K4YZ Policy 18 May 12th 05 11:59 PM
Will displacement current form a close loop ? ieee std Antenna 3 March 29th 04 03:31 PM
Oh No... I Paid Too Much ! - Tale$ form the eBay RHF Shortwave 9 March 2nd 04 04:05 AM
BPL complaint form Sanjaya Shortwave 2 February 28th 04 10:48 PM
Form factor for inductances Art Unwin KB9MZ Antenna 12 January 9th 04 06:43 AM