Old May 2nd 05, 02:31 PM
K4YZ

Default Lennie's Back In Form...Old Rant's...Same Form...

From: "K4YZ" on Sun,May 1 2005 5:42 am

From: "K4YZ" on Fri,Apr 29 2005 9:54 pm

I've never seen anyone ask about rear area Army radio

stations
in
the 50's, Lennie, but you sure do let us know about it.

Someone has to do it...poor Stevie NEVER did anything
close to such HF communications...as an amateur or
anything else.

Neither did you, Lennie.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor Stebie...still envious AND
FRUSTRATED. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Nope...Not frustrated, Lennie...but just amazed at how much time
you ahd on your hands to try and redirect from your own newsgroup
silliness.

You were a readio mechanic.

"Readio?" Reallio?

Typo. My Bad. You were still only a radio mechanic.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Primary MOS of Microwave Radio Relay
Operation and Maintenance Supervisor.

M A I N T E N A N C E.

As in "mechanic".

Secondary MOS
of Fixed Station (transmitters) Radio Operation and
Maintenance Supervisor...and a few other little duties
such as Carrier Operation and Maintenance (not that
those Western Electric units had either drift or
failure). The VHF-UHF radio relay equipment operation
and maintenance fell under my primary MOS.

Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.

R A D I O M E C H A N I C.

Not one word of "OPERATOR" in there...Thanks for backing me up,
Lennie.

Period. You were not a message
center clerk...You were not responsible for determining operating
frequencies, modes, etc.

Tsk, tsk. The Chief Signal Officer, Washington DC,
did that sort of deciding for ALL involved in ACAN -
STARCOM - DCS and still does for all the alphabet
soup organization evolvement that followed after the
1960s.

You were not a message center clerk...You were not responsible for
determining operating frequencies, modes, etc.

Big snippage of usual stuff.

(1) This forum is about Amateur Radio in the 21st

century...Not
Army communications in the 1950's.

TSK, TSK, TSK, NURSIE!

1. This forum is NOT for Stebie's experiences with
the Commanding General of the First Marine Air
Wing in NINETINE EIGHTY ONE!!! [24 years ago]

Nope. But It was one of SEVERAL assignments that placed me in a
position to OPERATE radios...Something you've not done.

2. This forum is NOT for Stebie's BRAGS of mighty
murine service in 'SEVEN HOSTILE ACTIONS!'

"murine"...What's "murine", other than a commercial eye care
product. You wouldn't be proactively "dissing" the military service of
another, would you, Lennie?

You's emphatically stated in this forum that you don't do that.

3. This forum is NOT for Stebie's BRAGS of prowess
in SUTURING or about his "medical qualifications."

Wasn't bragging, Lennie.

4. This forum is NOT for Stebie's continuing
refusal to admit that MARS is NOT "run by
amateurs." MARS is run by the MILITARY.

However this IS a forum for me to state that you continue to
promulgate a lie by trying to perpetuate that lie, Lennie.

I never said that MARS was not run by the military, Lennie.

Failure to validate that assertion is yet another LennieLie.

I HAVE said, and correctly so, that No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

5. This forum is NOT about MARS at all, although
the ASSIGNED MARS frequencies are OUTSIDE
the ham bands. [sunnuvagun!]

Sunnuvagun! Participation in the MARS program is predicated upon
having an AMATEUR RADIO LICENSE...Remember...The one YOU said you
didn't need to have to be a MARS participant.

(2) YOU are the only one arguing about Morse

Code-vs-teleprinter
traffic, Lennie. The rest of us moved on YEARS ago.

BULL####. Don't you PCTAs give that song and dance.
You PCTAs can't dance and your singing voices are as
flat as the 1930's attempted revival of vaudeville.

Ahhhhhhhhhh....More profanity to fill in the holes...And
Lennie...there you go giving orders again...And you always insinuating
that "PCTA'S are Nazis"...

You MIGHTY MACHO MORSEMEN just CANNOT admit that TTY
was already downsizing manual morse a half century
ago. Sucks to be retrograde recreators of ancient
times, doesn't it?

I wouldn't know...I am not the "retrograde recreator" of anything.

(3) You are still not licensed in nor have any practical
experience in AMATEUR RADIO communications.

TSK, TSK, TSK. I'm a PROFESSIONAL in radio, have been
since 1953.

You are still not licensed in nor ahve any practical experience
in AMATEUR RADIO communications.

You continue to make
significant errors on matters of Amateur policy AND practice.

BULL####. YOU do NOT set what is "right" and
what is "wrong."

No, I don't.

But the fact remains that you continue to make errors, almost on a
weekly basis, about Amateur Radio practice and policy.

Stebie, cut the bull####. I began in HF radio
before you were born. I've both OPERATED and
DESIGNED and BUILT (protoype) radios over MORE of
the EM spectrum than amateurs have been allowed
to in the 71 year life of the FCC.

But the fact remains that you continue to make errors, almost on a
weekly basis, about Amateur Radio practice and policy.

Had you not STARTED
it, perhaps we'd be carrying on a different conversation today.

1. I didn't "start" anything but an opposition to
the morse code test for an AMATEUR radio license.

You are a liar.

You started in on the "Nazi", thugs", etc etc etc. Deja'd,
Googled, filed for posterity.

3. I began and was QUALIFED to operate high-power HF
transmitters in 1953...(SNIP)

You were qualified to MAINTAIN those radios. You were not a
qualified operator.

(UNSNIPhaven't bothered much to
get AUTHORIZATION to do so as an amateur...even
though I've legally operated on HF (last year,
from a sailboat, SSB 20 W PEP) without ANY radio
license. Sunnuvagun!

Actually that was year-before-last, Lennie...Or so your rants have
gone...

No more or no less than you are the role model of today's
electronics engineer.

I do NOT try to be any "role model of an engineer."

It is impossible
to be so ONE-SIDED and stubborn as you've shown
in these "discussions" and still hold a job.

I am not interviewing with you for a job. I wouldn't work for a
habitual liar like you, Lennie...

I've held my jobs, never been fired or "told to leave."

No doubt. But you've not been asked back to at least one.

Probably more.

The name of this newsgroup's game seems to be
junior high name-calling, posturing and
preening over "seven hostile actions" and other
wannabe stuff. [try for "HALO drop" one of the
classic pipe-dreams of Stebie] Makes it even
tougher for any newcomer to show interest in any
hobby radio when all these middle-school drop-
outs wanna be the Dill Instructor, closing the
main gate to all but "their kind."

"Their kind", Lennie...?!?!

I've put far more NCT's into licenses than I have Extras.

I DO know that pleanty of new hams are licensed every day...with
AND without Morse Code skills. I know...I help a lot of them get here.

How many kids have YOU helped into an electronics career or
Amateur Radio, Lennie...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ

Old May 3rd 05, 12:04 AM

From: "K4YZ" on Mon,May 2 2005 6:31 am

From: "K4YZ" on Sun,May 1 2005 5:42 am

etc...

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor Stebie...still envious AND
FRUSTRATED. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Nope...Not frustrated, Lennie...but just amazed at how much time
you ahd on your hands to try and redirect from your own newsgroup
silliness.

"Ahd?" :-)

Tsk, tsk, I'm retired from regular hours, can set my
own hours. [sunnuvagun!]

"Silliness?" :-) Poor Stebie spends much time
on here attacking EVERYONE who doesn't agree with
him. Tsk, tsk, that is visible "silliness" to all
in here.

As to "redirect," you have it backwards as usual.
You must understand that your INSULTS against all
who disagree with you are NOT all your way and
that those who object to your personal attacks on
them and respond is NOT a "redirect" of anything
except your fantasy of being able to control this
newsgroup's content.

Example...you make NEW threads in here with the
sole purpose of insulting and/or attempting to
intimidate others...such as this "new" thread.

You were a readio mechanic.

"Readio?" Reallio?

Typo. My Bad. You were still only a radio mechanic.

Tsk, tsk, tsk..."mechanics" were in the motor
pool doing maintenance on vehicles.

Poor Stebie, never having had the opportunity
of working REAL military communications thinks
that all non-amateur "operating" is done as if
in amateur radio. :-)

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Primary MOS of Microwave Radio Relay
Operation and Maintenance Supervisor.

M A I N T E N A N C E.

As in "mechanic".

W R O N G :-)

O P E R A T I O N and maintenance. That's what
the U.S. Army stated it to be and still does.
The definition for similar MOSs in the USN and
USAF say the same. Stebie, the military of today
and for the last half century have NOT done REAL
radio O P E R A T I O N in an amateur fashion of
one-operator-one-readio[sic]-pseQSL-UR599OM. :-)

Maybe the USMC did it that way? Must be if the
role model of today's murine says so... :-)

Secondary MOS
of Fixed Station (transmitters) Radio Operation and
Maintenance Supervisor...and a few other little duties
such as Carrier Operation and Maintenance (not that
those Western Electric units had either drift or
failure). The VHF-UHF radio relay equipment operation
and maintenance fell under my primary MOS.

Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.

R A D I O M E C H A N I C.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...little Stebie fists his pudgy
hands, pounds on the table, whines like a baby
while REWRITING the United States military radio
experience, definitions, and mission.

Not one word of "OPERATOR" in there...Thanks for backing me up,
Lennie.

Tsk. Stebie must have tears of anger in his eyes
clouding his vision. :-)

Sorry, nursie, but OPERATING IS the name of
the game in REAL, non-amateur radio operation for
REAL communications, military OR civilian. The
military and the civilian communications people
do OPERATING. Regardless of your trying to
control the definitions. They've done that for
over a half century, longer than you've been
alive (loosely speaking on 'alive').

OPERATION to REAL communications folks means
KEEPING THE OPERATION GOING. To me, to them,
it isn't taking recreational pleasure in front
of a ready-built ricebox "tuning the bands" and
diddling a morse key when not skimming pages of
QST and dreaming of pioneer days in radio long
before your time.

But, Stebie, not having been IN the REAL radio
communications activity, just doesn't know what
OPERATING means other than playing with his
readios [sic].

Period. You were not a message
center clerk...You were not responsible for determining operating
frequencies, modes, etc.

Tsk, tsk. The Chief Signal Officer, Washington DC,
did that sort of deciding for ALL involved in ACAN -
STARCOM - DCS and still does for all the alphabet
soup organization evolvement that followed after the
1960s.

You were not a message center clerk...You were not responsible

for
determining operating frequencies, modes, etc.

I "was not a message center clerk?" Tsk, tsk.
You said I WAS, more than once. Have you
forgotten? [of course you have and you will be
demanding I produce the 'quote' from Google
archives, claiming you never said that! :-) ]

Actually, for the one month spent in ADA Control,
I actually could determine which operating
frequencies to use...depending on the signal
reports generated by Receivers for the various
radio circuits...and the permission of the Duty
Officer, of course. There was a selection of
frequencies, all fixed and crystal controlled
back in the 1950s...no ALE then, no synthesizers
and no "VFOs" to diddle in Fixed Station
OPERATION. Signal strengths were HONEST, not
the gratuitous "599" used by too many hams...
too many others could see the same recorder
charts of carrier signal strength out at Camp
Owada (Receiver site shared with the USAF).

"Not responsible for modes..." OF COURSE NOT.
If the Chief Signal Office said that the San
Francisco radio circuit would have a 4-channel
SSB of 4 KW PEP -and- 4-TTY-via-MUX RTTY
circuit of 10 KW RF output, WE - the entire
station - WOULD OPERATE THAT and do it 24/7!
ON DEFINITE, ASSIGNED FREQUENCIES, ALLOWING
CHOICE ONLY BASED ON PROPAGATION CONDITIONS.

REAL communications providers don't "work the
bands" diddling with VFOs (and your alleged
"greatness in tuning ability" - haw - that
you "deserve to be called extra!"). In REAL
communications on 24/7 assignment, one IS
on frequency until ordered to change.

Big snippage of usual stuff.

...because little Stebie REFUSES TO LEARN
HOW *REAL* COMMUNICATIONS PEOPLE DO THINGS.

Little Stebie, the Avenging Angle of Dearth,
wants only to INSULT, DEFAME, DENIGRATE all
those who disagree with him! Poor Stebie.

1. This forum is NOT for Stebie's experiences with
the Commanding General of the First Marine Air
Wing in NINETINE EIGHTY ONE!!! [24 years ago]

Nope. But It was one of SEVERAL assignments that placed me in a
position to OPERATE radios...Something you've not done.

TSK, TSK, TSK. Stebie da wundermurine must give
his "definition" of "operating" readios [sic].

So far, Stebie hasn't shown a single REFERENCE to
ACTUALLY PROVE he did ANYTHING! He keeps getting
things W R O N G on "operating radio in the
military." Tsk, tsk, tsk. He keeps thinking that
all radios are "operated" by acting like radio
amateurs. United States military communications,
the REAL thing, not the MARS recreational/morale
stuff, is done in a PROFESSIONAL manner.

2. This forum is NOT for Stebie's BRAGS of mighty
murine service in 'SEVEN HOSTILE ACTIONS!'

"murine"...What's "murine", other than a commercial eye care
product.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...you don't get it, do you? :-)

Robeson is EYEWASH. Sterile solution, "medically
approved" only in that it doesn't harm the eyes.

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEMPER FRY little man.

3. This forum is NOT for Stebie's BRAGS of prowess
in SUTURING or about his "medical qualifications."

Wasn't bragging, Lennie.

HOW DO WE KNOW? WHY SHOULD WE CARE?

:-)

Does suture tying have ANYTHING to do with RADIO
OPERATING?!? :-)

Keeping a bedpan handy might be good for all the
"radiosport" contesters who like to rack up points.
[nurses have to handle bedpans...before and after]
Note: Few wastebaskets are waterproof and keeping
one under the desk for those contest days can only
harm the flooring.

4. This forum is NOT for Stebie's continuing
refusal to admit that MARS is NOT "run by
amateurs." MARS is run by the MILITARY.

However this ISpromulgate a lie by trying to perpetuate that

lie, Lennie.

The Avenging Angle of Dearth keeps up his
psychological syndrome of Projection...trying to
project his own acts on those of his "opponents."

Poor guy needs some mental therapy.

Let's take "operator" again. Stebie said "I never
'operated'" a radio. That is at odds with both the
old and new definitions of the USA Signal Corps,
J-6 of the JCS, lots and lots of definitions in
lots of USN publications, the civilian world in
MANY places such as dictionaries (try the huge
IEEE one, all concerned with ALL electronics...
which includes radio). Stebie keeps trying to
REWRITE everything in his OWN image...or fantasy.

I have - most definitely - OPERATED military
radios IN the military as both serviceperson AND
as a civilian. OPERATED - by anyone's REAL
definition - but not in Stebieworld. What's
really bad is that I have both text and photos
of me doing just that, some available on the
Internet for anyone to see. Does Stebie have
that? No? Tsk, tsk. We can all access QRZ and
see a middle-aged male (?) in a flight suit
sitting somewhere at some time. Is he OPERATING
A RADIO? No. He just sitting there, scowling
at the camera. Tsk, tsk. [get those teeth
fixed so you can show a proper smile sometime]

Stebie's "proof" of his military prowess is "in
his wallet" or, in other words, out of sight,
out of hearing. He say we got no business to
see all that, he "doesn't have to show it."
Tsk. Stebie doesn't have to be BELIEVED, either.

Hans Brakob has DEFINITELY been IN the military,
has OPERATED RADIO! He KNOWS what military
radio operation IS. Hans says all the words
which ARE FAMILIAR to the rest of us who HAVE
OPERATED military radio. Stebie don't talk
like dat, he mumble insults an' say everybody
else LIE! Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I never said that MARS was not run by the military, Lennie.

Tsk. You will NOT say that the military DOES
RUN MARS! :-) Department of Defense DOES
DIRECT MARS. You've been shown the link to the
very definition of that DIRECTIVE, visible to
anyone accessing the DoD. You've been shown
the link to OFFICIAL MARS HISTORY from the U.S.
Army that ORIGINATED MARS. You've been shown
the link to access the Army's MARS Headquarters
at Fort Huachuca. Have you checked those
references? No? You still want to flame others
for not agreeing with your - now classic -
"Sorry, Hans, MARS IS amateur radio!" :-)

Failure to validate that assertion is yet another LennieLie.

Merde! The Avenging Angle of Dearth keeps up his
silly PROJECTION syndrome!

I HAVE said, and correctly so, that No Amateur Radio = No MARS.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Nursie got a bedpan over his
eyes. MARS exists because the DoD has DIRECTED
its existance. MARS has, and continues to run,
exercises WITHOUT amateur volunteers. Try
reading the MARS headquarters' statements instead
of getting all your 'readio' information from
ham magazines.

Sunnuvagun! Participation in the MARS program is predicated upon
having an AMATEUR RADIO LICENSE...Remember...The one YOU said you
didn't need to have to be a MARS participant.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You are attempting "logical
wordplay" again and FAIL. :-)

MARS operators (in everyone else's definition of
operator, not Stebie's) IN the military have to
OPERATE their radios according to the commands
they are given to do so. :-)

Hello? The "M" in MARS is "MILITARY." Are you
getting the connection? Yet?

BULL####. Don't you PCTAs give that song and dance.
You PCTAs can't dance and your singing voices are as
flat as the 1930's attempted revival of vaudeville.

Ahhhhhhhhhh....More profanity to fill in the holes...

So...how many times has Stebie used the word PUTZ?

Calling someone a PENIS HEAD (translation of the
colloquial Yiddish pejorative "putz") is NOT
profanity?!?!? Ah, yes, in Stebieworld, such is
profanity only IF it is directed TO Stebie...Stebie
can say ANYTHING he wants. :-) And does! :-)

How about "pathological liar?" How many times has
Stebie used such "civil" (in Stebieland) discourse?
We - us readers - have lost count.

Tsk, tsk, Stebie do his PROJECTION syndrome again
and again, refusing to admit to wrongness and
blaming everyone else for HIS faults.

Tsk, tsk, a "marine" with "seven hostile actions"
becoming disturbed about profanity?!?!?

:-)

TSK, TSK, TSK. I'm a PROFESSIONAL in radio, have been
since 1953.

You are still not licensed in nor ahve any practical experience
in AMATEUR RADIO communications.

Which means WHAT, little man?

AMATEUR RADIO is NOT a business, NOT a guild, NOT a
union, NOT a military service, NOT a civilian
service. It is a recreational hobby pursuit, done
for personal pleasure. Voluntary.

AMATEUR RADIO works by the SAME physical laws as
every other radio. [regardless of what some extras
think it does]

AMATEUR RADIO in the United States is regulated by
the same federal agency as EVERY OTHER CIVIL RADIO
SERVICE in the United States. No exceptions.

Since the U.S. federal government regulates it, that
allows ANY CITIZEN to exercise their CONSTITUTIONAL
RIGHTS to communicate with their government on ANY
regulatory matter. [sunnuvagun!]

So, little man, regardless of whether I "ahve" [sic]
an AMATEUR radio license or not (I have a commercial
radio license), it only matters to CONTROL FREAKS
like yourself who can't seem to cow others into
acknowledging their self-defined (unauthorized)
"leadership" over others! :-)

BTW, this is NOT a moderated newsgroup. Try under-
standing (I know that is so hard for you) that YOU
do NOT control the content nor anyone else's
personal OPINION...of anything. You do NOT control
who has access here nor are you "judge" of anything
anywhere but in your own fevered little mind.

But the fact remains that you continue to make errors, almost on

weekly basis, about Amateur Radio practice and policy.

NO, sweetie, the "fact" does NOT "remain."

You are W R O N G.

Understand that Stebie's personal OPINION of
anything is NOT law. It is seldom reality.

The Avenging Angle of Dearth and "veteran of
seven hostile actions" does not appear to live
in reality. It may be too harsh for him...
unknown...none of us can appreciate his
psychosis?

Yes, I DISAGREE on many of the things that
the PCTA Double Standard extras think are
"correct" and "right" and "how things should
be." But, that disagreement does NOT mean that
such is "wrong." That disagreement would ONLY
be WRONG to the control freaks who demand
obediance to the control freaks' commands.

Stebie, cut the bull####. I began in HF radio
before you were born. I've both OPERATED and
DESIGNED and BUILT (protoype) radios over MORE of
the EM spectrum than amateurs have been allowed
to in the 71 year life of the FCC.

But the fact remains that you continue to make errors, almost on a
weekly basis, about Amateur Radio practice and policy.

NO, sweetie, the "fact" does NOT "remain."

You are W R O N G.

Understand that Stebie's personal OPINION of
anything is NOT law. It is seldom reality.

The Avenging Angle of Dearth and "veteran of
seven hostile actions" does not appear to live
in reality. It may be too harsh for him...
unknown...none of us can appreciate his
psychosis?

Yes, I DISAGREE on many of the things that
the PCTA Double Standard extras think are
"correct" and "right" and "how things should
be." But, such disagreement does NOT mean
that it is "wrong." :-)

What IS wrong is trying to make everyone
conform to your particular view of things.

1. I didn't "start" anything but an opposition to
the morse code test for an AMATEUR radio license.

You are a liar.

No. :-) Ask Jim Kehler, KH2D. He was in here then.
You were NOT.

You started in on the "Nazi", thugs", etc etc etc. Deja'd,
Googled, filed for posterity.

Noooooo. :-) Only when some ex-Gomer Pyle
jumped in, waving his swagger stick (or was
that swaggering his waving stick?), and
making like a ham version of Chesty Puller.

That's ALL in Google...and saved to put up
your posterior, er, posterity...

Let's see...if someone struts like a Nazi,
shouts like a Nazi, looks like a Nazi, then
might very well BE a Nazi! [sunnuvagun!]

But in Stebie (da Avenging Angle of Dearth)
messaging, he be little more than Hitler
Youth after too many "hostile actions." :-)

3. I began and was QUALIFED to operate high-power HF
transmitters in 1953...(SNIP)

You were qualified to MAINTAIN those radios. You were not a
qualified operator.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Stebie da wundermurine is now
calling the UNITED STATES MILIARY A LIAR.
Official orders said what I wrote in here.
Orders of the Signal Corps, United States
Army. Official pictures taken by an official
Signal photographer state that I was
OPERATING a big radio transmitter...all in
the official officialese of mimeo on the
photo back, along with ID of the USA.

"Qualified." Who is to judge of things in
1953 to 1956? Stebie da wundermurine? Noooo.
That was before/during/just-after Stebie
was born (probably with a congenital scowl).
Stebie born with "qualifications" to judge
who is "qualified?" :-)

Maybe Stebie wanna call the FCC a LIAR!?!
Got First 'Phone in Chicago office of FCC
in 1956. FCC say I was "qualified," but,
more importantly, gave me AUTHORIZATION!
[sunnuvagun!]

I am not interviewing with you for a job.

Tsk. You aren't QUALIFIED to hold a Human
Resources job. Personnel folks have to be
human first...

I wouldn't work for a habitual liar like you, Lennie...

Sweat not, little man. I wouldn't even
process the paperwork sent up by Personnel
for your interview. I'd stick a little
Post-It note on there and define you as
"fulla****" for applying as a Purchasing
Agent.

I've held my jobs, never been fired or "told to leave."

No doubt. But you've not been asked back to at least one.

WRONG. Worked for Hughes Aircraft Company
twice...Missle Division in Canoga Park, CA,
the second time, first time at El Segundo
Division.

Probably more.

Oh, and in case you are going to try that old
"NADC thing" again, let me remind you of the
REAL facts: I was there as a field representative
FOR RCA Corporation on their SECANT R&D contract
for system flight tests. Allatime getting paid
by RCA, not the USN, and remaining with RCA
afterwards. Never, ever "tried to get a job
there" as you kept saying for years LONG after
the fact. :-)

"Their kind", Lennie...?!?!

I've put far more NCT's into licenses than I have Extras.

Show the proof. :-)

Are their names logged in with your famous
"seven hostile actions?" :-) Was one of them
the Commanding General of the First Marine Air
Wing in 1981? :-) Maybe their names are in your
box of medals? :-)

I DO know that pleanty of new hams are licensed every day...with
AND without Morse Code skills. I know...I help a lot of them get

here.

Again, SHOW YOUR PROOF of your "help."

Tsk, tsk, if you "help" like you carry on
in here, you would NOT be authorized to be in
any ham radio recruiting office...you'd have
your portrait on the Post Office walls...as
one of the "most wanted."

How many kids have YOU helped into an electronics career or
Amateur Radio, Lennie...?!?!

I don't know about "kids," Stebie, but anyone who
asked me about electronics as a hobby or about
electronics as a PROFESSION would get a courteous
explanation, information sources, and pointers on
where to get more information. I am in both and
have been for a long time...a hobbyist since '47
and a professional since '52.

Radio is only a part of the entire, huge field of
technology called electronics. I am a member of
the Institute for Electrical and Electronics
Engineering (IEEE) which is a worldwide professional
association and has about a quarter million members
(I could get the exact number but some flamers
want to quibble about minutae). I find the whole
huge field of electronics and electricity fascinating
and never regretted getting into it. It has been
rewarding to me both personally and financially.

Like any association, the IEEE has its own self-
promotion agenda and programs. I don't always
agree on those agenda, perferring to promote
interest at my own level with others in my group
of professional acquaintences. That isn't
restricted to "kids" or schoolchildren, either as
a hobby or as a profession. Some in here like to
say "the right" way to get into either is THEIR
way. Not so. The only "right" way is to show an
interest and become educated in what it is about.
There are NO "requirements" to "show dedication
or committment" in a HOBBY...that's an
artificiality imposed by certain membership
groups...largely to wave their own self-patriotic
flags.

I've never kept a "body count" on "recruitment."
Neither have I attempted to brainwash any kiddies
(teen agers, actually) at a couple of magnet
schools. Straight talk, no group-self-patriotic
bull****. One MUST have the personality and
sense of speaking-and-being-understood in such
efforts. Without it the audience, whether teens
or adults, will listen if one can present a point
about the subject. I have experience in that and
some good, praised qualities for that but it's not
my favorite thing to do now. Heh, I used to teach
others how to do presentations...including having
a "hostile" audience. Not hecklers, those that
didn't want to learn anything. The best one can
hope for there is that they got some information
and - maybe - changed their minds. It doesn't
hurt to know a few actors in the acting
profession (I do) who can give pointers. :-)

Now, give the rest of us Stebie's definition of
OPERATING...and keep saying that everyone who
doesn't agree with Stebie is a "LIAR." Nobody
should expect otherwise... :-)

Old May 8th 05, 05:02 AM

From: bb on May 7, 9:38 pm

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
wrote:

Now, give the rest of us Stebie's definition of
OPERATING...and keep saying that everyone who
doesn't agree with Stebie is a "LIAR." Nobody
should expect otherwise... :-)

What hasn't Steve/K4YZ crapped on?

Steven J Robeson K4YZ K4CAP suffers from excrementia.

K4CAP is not an active callsign, Brian.

Probably never was. Just some Bozo collecting cool callsigns.

LOTS of them. Credentialism. Good substitute for
being able at something...

Why do you conntinue to make such glaring errors?

Typical Robeson Slant and Rant.

I said no such thing. You assume that I said that K4CAP was an active

callsign, or you just lied. I think the latter.

Active or not, it was issued to you, Bozo.

True enough. Note that it HAD to have "CAP" in the callsign.
Very Important for the pudgies in poopy suits.

However, Robeson has NOT stated what he thinks "operating"
is. Tsk, tsk, I will accept what the United States Government
has described, especially the U.S. Army who said I was at
least three different kinds of OPERATOR during my years of
military service. Stebie disagrees with the United States
Government. Tsk, tsk.

It's making
foolish errors that has made you the fool you are today.

Steve, K4YZ

Your misredirection failed miserably. I've just shown you to be the
fool that I say you are.

Poor Stebie, once again with Projection on others what his own
faults are. I don't know why he keeps that up. It doesn't work
and annoys all the readers.

Such misdirection (onto "personal faults" of others) might get him
away from defining what Stebie thinks as "operator" is, but I doubt
he has the courage (or conviction) to state that. Even if he did,
it
would be something about ham radio style "operating." :-) The
United States military communications groups are PROFESSIONAL
in all aspects, not amateur radio hobbyists. shrug

Old May 9th 05, 12:26 AM
Jim Hampton

ups.com...
From: bb on May 7, 9:38 pm

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Hello, Len

It just might be what a particular operator is familiar with. Back when (in
the 60s) the military used a lot of HF point to point communications, they
(the radiomen) were familiar with having to change frequencies, how to set
crypto gear, and many other things. One thing they were *not* familiar with
was how to handle a strong signal.

When the communications station attempted to re-establish communications
with Saipan, Hans, K0HB, was sent to Saipan. The communications station
kept telling him he was "loud, but garbled". Big hint - too much signal for
the local oscillator injection to properly demodulate the ssb. I called
Hans from the hamshack (KG6AAY) and we (the hams) ended up not only
establishing communications but got orders to pass traffic from Saipan to
Commander, Naval Forces Marianas directly.

I also recall whilst aboard ship we lost the "broadcast" - multiplex signals
for many channels of teletypes. The problem was that we were getting to
close to the station and we were in a skip zone. I suggested to the chief
that we try LF (low frequency). He didn't think it would work, but said to
give it a try as everything else was out. On LF, the signal was
overpowering. In a few minutes, the broadcast was back up and running.

In both of these instances, it was the hams that had the proper experience.

I shan't go much further than to say that one day whilst aboard ship, we
received an SOS on 500 KHz. It turns out that only *two* of us could
actually copy Morse at any reasonable speed. I don't know about the other
guy, but I was an amateur extra and also had a commercial telegraph license.
The military radioman were *supposed* to be able to copy 16 words per minute
to graduate from A school.

Sorry to shoot your "professional" theory down. You aren't totally wrong,
of course; it is what happens when the *unexpected* happens.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Old May 9th 05, 02:50 AM
Sparky

[...]

My gosh, I never knew. It is nothing short of a miracle that the today's
active military forces can still attain any level of readiness, with you and
Hans no longer on active duty.

73,

Sparky

Old May 9th 05, 09:37 AM
K4YZ

bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
wrote:

Now, give the rest of us Stebie's definition of
OPERATING...and keep saying that everyone who
doesn't agree with Stebie is a "LIAR." Nobody
should expect otherwise... :-)

What hasn't Steve/K4YZ crapped on?

Steven J Robeson K4YZ K4CAP suffers from excrementia.

K4CAP is not an active callsign, Brian.

Probably never was. Just some Bozo collecting cool callsigns.

More idiocy. Why do you keep doing this to yourself, Brian?

Why do you conntinue to make such glaring errors?

Typical Robeson Slant and Rant.

"Slant and Rant"..?!?! A new spin to hide your failed efforts to
hide yuor own mistruths and cowardice, Brian P...?!?!

I said no such thing. You assume that I said that K4CAP was an

active
callsign, or you just lied. I think the latter.

You're attaching it to your posts as if it were an active
callsign. That's not factual. Anyone who accesses "QRZ.COM" knows
you're off base, Brian.

Active or not, it was issued to you, Bozo.

"Bozo" now! Getting a bit miffed that your attempts to get around
the fact that you've been bested again, eh, Brain...???

It's making
foolish errors that has made you the fool you are today.

Steve, K4YZ

Your misredirection failed miserably. I've just shown you to be the
fool that I say you are.

You've shown nothing, except that you are making a fool out of
yourself by addressing me with a callsign that I've not held for 2
years.

Not that you need one more thing to add to your CV, Brain.

Steve, K4YZ

Old May 9th 05, 12:06 PM
bb

K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
K4YZ wrote:
bb wrote:
wrote:

Now, give the rest of us Stebie's definition of
OPERATING...and keep saying that everyone who
doesn't agree with Stebie is a "LIAR." Nobody
should expect otherwise... :-)

What hasn't Steve/K4YZ crapped on?

Steven J Robeson K4YZ K4CAP suffers from excrementia.

K4CAP is not an active callsign, Brian.

Probably never was. Just some Bozo collecting cool callsigns.

More idiocy. Why do you keep doing this to yourself, Brian?

By "more idiocy" are you claiming that the callsign was never issued to
you, or that you never activated the callsign, or that it wasn't a cool
callsign, or that you're not Bozo?

Be specific, but precise. Limit your answer to 200 words or less.

Why do you conntinue to make such glaring errors?

Typical Robeson Slant and Rant.

"Slant and Rant"..?!?! A new spin to hide your failed efforts to
hide yuor own mistruths and cowardice, Brian P...?!?!

So why did you attempt to diss your K4CAP call? Convenience?

I said no such thing. You assume that I said that K4CAP was an

active
callsign, or you just lied. I think the latter.

You're attaching it to your posts as if it were an active
callsign. That's not factual. Anyone who accesses "QRZ.COM" knows
you're off base, Brian.

K4CAP was not issued to you? You didn't tag tour RRAP posts with
K4CAP?

Slant and Rant is your trademark.

Active or not, it was issued to you, Bozo.

"Bozo" now! Getting a bit miffed that your attempts to get

around
the fact that you've been bested again, eh, Brain...???

If K4CAP was not issued to you, and if your never posted to RRAP with
the tagline of K4CAP, then you indeed have bested me. Hi!

But the archives say you lie.

It's making
foolish errors that has made you the fool you are today.

Steve, K4YZ

Your misredirection failed miserably. I've just shown you to be

the
fool that I say you are.

You've shown nothing,

I've shown your to be a fool and a liar. Again. It's so easy - I
don't know why you keep coming back for more? You must love
humiliation.

except that you are making a fool out of
yourself by addressing me with a callsign that I've not held for 2
years.

You've made that callsign infamous with your never ending Slants and
Rants on RRAP. Idiot.

bb

The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Taking Back the Group - Family Learns of Evacuation over the Scanner Taking Back the Group Scanner 0 July 22nd 03 01:03 AM