Old July 5th 05, 04:40 AM
Peter Maus

m II wrote:

Being in Canada, we only get the *three* cylinder 2300. I've seen it,
but found it repulsive, if not downright ugly. Suzuki's Madura of a few
years ago stunk too. I I were to get a new bike today, it would be a
plain Ducati 1000s Monster. Unfortunate name, but wonderful bike.

Checking the paperwork, yes, you're right, it IS a three. I must
be confusing that with the Valkyrie I rode most of that week. Also
didn't suck.

But a VW 1600 seems like more weight than you'd need in a frame
that small. Although the low C/M would make for more nimble handling
than you'd expect, stopping would be a bit of a challenge.

I don't need as much in the way of brakes as I did twenty or thirty
years ago g

Largely true of most of us.

But the mandatory newsgroup question would have to be, what kind of
radio you going to put on it?

I pulled the factory radio on mine, last year, and dropped my
Becker Mexico in the hole. Light preamp for the whip and I was
listening to shortwave on the road.

The factory radio is back in the hole,though. I'm using the Becker
in my mini van.

I wander around the wreckers two or three times a year, checking out the
old German cars for anything with a shortwave banded radio. No luck yet.
They said they'd keep their eyes open for me. A nice Blaupunk would be a
welcome addition.

Mot many of those floating around loose. Good luck.

Old July 5th 05, 04:49 AM
RHF

DaviD - so... 'you' get the picture ~ RHF
. . . . .

Old July 6th 05, 02:50 AM
Brian Denley

Hatfield wrote:
Thank you BBC TV, but too bad U.S. could not copy you all over here.

Disappointing. Folks were paying 500 pounds per ticket, but no concert
on American TV, nor SW neither, ratings would have been tremendous!

I listened to it on XM radio. Each city was on a different XM channel.

--
Brian Denley

Old July 6th 05, 02:52 AM
Brian Denley

Peter Maus wrote:
m II wrote:
Peter Maus wrote:

I'll have what he's having. TWO olives.

Nice to see you, Peter. How's the BMW?

mike

Which one?

Aww that was cruel Peter! Nice to hear from you!

--
Brian Denley

Old July 6th 05, 02:56 AM
Peter Maus

Brian Denley wrote:
Peter Maus wrote:

m II wrote:

Peter Maus wrote:

I'll have what he's having. TWO olives.

Nice to see you, Peter. How's the BMW?

mike

Which one?

Aww that was cruel Peter! Nice to hear from you!

And you. And that SW=8 is still burning along. Even dragged it
to the North Woods for some very nice listening by the lake.

Old July 6th 05, 03:46 AM
Brian Denley

Peter Maus wrote:

And you. And that SW=8 is still burning along. Even dragged it
to the North Woods for some very nice listening by the lake.

Good to hear Peter! I have been trying my hand at writing a control program
for my M-7000 decoder. It works pretty well! Something to do while
waiting for SWL conditions to improve. Hope you are well.

--
Brian Denley