Old July 7th 05, 06:57 PM

Default Pirate Jenny

http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/en/horaires.shtml
Interesting pirate radio- like bit of audio on Outlook this
morning.Brought to mind Allen Maxwell (PBUH.)
Old July 7th 05, 06:59 PM

make that " Outfront"

Old July 7th 05, 09:16 PM
Joel Rubin

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:59:55 GMT, wrote:

make that " Outfront"
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:57:44 GMT,
wrote:

http://www.rcinet.ca/rci/en/horaires.shtml
Interesting pirate radio- like bit of audio on Outlook this
morning.Brought to mind Allen Maxwell (PBUH.)

Was this the Weill-Brecht song from the Three Penny Opera in which the
maid at an el cheapo hotel dreams about how the town is going to be
taken over by pirates and she is going to be in charge and give the
order to kill everybody?

http://www.boscarol.com/nina/html/wh...ratejenny.html

Version of the lyrics in English

Or does it have to do with the musical group whose web site is

http://www.piratejenny.ca

which is, presumably, named after the Weill-Brecht song?

Old July 8th 05, 01:44 AM

There were no references to the Three Penny Opera other than P.J.'s
name. I tuned-in in the middle of the piece, there was a woman
describing her collection of 20 or so old radios and some of their
qualities, and this drifted into her thoughts on the nature of radio
and the way it affects the listeners. This morphed into what sounded
like a late night pirate broadcast. There were a lot of different
sound clips nicely put together. Kind of like KIPM meets Negativeland.
When I went to the RCI website I caught the last 5 minutes of it again
on the" listen live" section but then it was gone. The
www.piratejenny.ca website looked like the most likely source after a
couple of Googles. I sent an inquiry and a "hats off", but haven't
heard back.