Old July 9th 05, 10:26 PM
Tom Holden

Default New Sync AM Special Interest Group

Information on and discussion of synchronous AM demodulators is scattered
widely. There are sporadic discussions on a couple of Usenet news groups but
they are restricted to text messages and it's hard to find the wheat in the
chaff. This new group can accommodate schematics and pictures and provides a
filtered view focussed on this one subject. In time, I hope that its
collected files and discussions will make a strong starting or reference
point for all with an interest in Sync AM.

Please join if you have ever designed or experimented with sync AM
demodulators or intend to start. Visit the web site at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Synch_AM/ to subscribe and then check out the
Links section for some answers to What, Why and How. Your designs,
experiences and participation in the on-topic discussions to ensue will be
welcomed.

Tom

Old July 9th 05, 10:52 PM

Count me in!
Terry

Old August 9th 05, 03:56 AM
Tom Holden

"Tom Holden" wrote in message
Information on and discussion of synchronous AM demodulators is scattered
widely. There are sporadic discussions on a couple of Usenet news groups
but they are restricted to text messages and it's hard to find the wheat
in the chaff. This new group can accommodate schematics and pictures and
provides a filtered view focussed on this one subject. In time, I hope
that its collected files and discussions will make a strong starting or
reference point for all with an interest in Sync AM.

Please join if you have ever designed or experimented with sync AM
demodulators or intend to start. Visit the web site at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Synch_AM/ to subscribe and then check out
the Links section for some answers to What, Why and How. Your designs,
experiences and participation in the on-topic discussions to ensue will be
welcomed.

In just one month, this group has grown to 73 members with a pretty lively
forum - the archive of 160 on-topic messages is publicly visible. Several
members are actively experimenting with a variety of homebrew sync AM
detectors. The member-only links, files and photos sections have grown to
have a respectable body of reference material.

Check it out - your old receiver might get a new lease on life with an
add-on sync AM detector for better audio quality and sensitivity and you'll
have some fun doing it! Seasoned sync AM users/designers/experimenters -
your expertise and experience couldn't go into a better group.

Tom

Old August 9th 05, 04:14 AM
Michael Black

"Tom Holden" ) writes:
"Tom Holden" wrote in message
[...]

Well no. I've posted things in both of these newsgroups about the topic,
and I'd say you're missing whole areas of the bibliography. I sure
have no interest in joining some "club".

And if you were so interested in moving the topic ahead, you'd
stay away from those "members only links and files".

By isolating yourselves, you lose out.

Micahel VE2BVW

Old August 9th 05, 04:37 AM
Tom Holden

"Michael Black" wrote in message

"Tom Holden" ) writes:
"Tom Holden" wrote in message
[...]

Undoubtedly. We've made a start on a bibliography.

I sure
have no interest in joining some "club".

I suppose it is, in this respect: members can be readily ejected for bad
behaviour, unlike Usenet..

And if you were so interested in moving the topic ahead, you'd
stay away from those "members only links and files".

That's a Yahoo 'feature' over which we have no control. (Actually, on
checking, the Links can be made public but many of them point to the
member-only files and photos)

By isolating yourselves, you lose out.

The invitation is open to all with a genuine interest in the subject. I've
seen some of your informative postings and would be delighted if you could
overcome your reservation about the "clubbiness".

Micahel VE2BVW

73, Tom