Old July 12th 05, 11:36 PM
dxAce

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"Eric F. Richards" wrote in message
"Michael" wrote:

I find that there isn't anything that I can hear with
the R-75 that I can hear with more expensive radios.

That's true. Images, birdies, artifacts, intermodulation products --
it's all there.

The R-75 is dumpster fodder. Value? yep. Value for money? yep.
Absolutely a good value? Not even close.

You need to experience a truly good radio. See
http://www.sherweng.com for some guidelines.

Let me get this straight..... "Dumpster Fodder ???" Your getting carried
away....

Personally, I wouldn't even have one around for use as a doorstop.

Yes... I understand your reasoning here. In your case having an R-75 to
use as a doorstop would be redundant. You've already got you head to act in
that capacity. And, it is far better suited to the task.

Keep trying 'tard, and I'll keep laughing!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old July 12th 05, 11:45 PM
Jim Hackett

You can't recognize a TROLL when you see one?

"Michael" wrote in message

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
For the category of SWBC listening and DXing, the satellit 800 is a far
superior product, really there is no comparison

1) better sound
2) better selectivity in the stock versions
3) FAR better sync detector, even if it is a fixed version !

Your saying the Sat 800 is a better radio then the R-75 for DX'ing ???

"Medication time"

Michael

Old July 12th 05, 11:46 PM
David

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:08:37 -0400, "Michael"
wrote:

"mike maghakian" wrote in message
For the category of SWBC listening and DXing, the satellit 800 is a far
superior product, really there is no comparison

1) better sound
2) better selectivity in the stock versions
3) FAR better sync detector, even if it is a fixed version !

Your saying the Sat 800 is a better radio then the R-75 for DX'ing ???

"Medication time"

Michael

''Listener fatigue'' is a factor in some kinds of DXing.

Old July 13th 05, 12:00 AM
Lucky

"Michael" wrote:

I find that there isn't anything that I can hear with
the R-75 that I can hear with more expensive radios.

That's true. Images, birdies, artifacts, intermodulation products --
it's all there.

The R-75 is dumpster fodder. Value? yep. Value for money? yep.
Absolutely a good value? Not even close.

You need to experience a truly good radio. See
http://www.sherweng.com for some guidelines.

I personally think you made a fool out of yourself with your drivel and
that's about it.

Lucky

Old July 13th 05, 12:01 AM
Lucky

"Michael" wrote in message

"Michael" wrote:

I find that there isn't anything that I can hear with
the R-75 that I can hear with more expensive radios.

That's true. Images, birdies, artifacts, intermodulation products --
it's all there.

The R-75 is dumpster fodder. Value? yep. Value for money? yep.
Absolutely a good value? Not even close.

You need to experience a truly good radio. See
http://www.sherweng.com for some guidelines.

Let me get this straight..... "Dumpster Fodder ???" Your getting
carried
away....

Personally, I wouldn't even have one around for use as a doorstop.

Yes... I understand your reasoning here. In your case having an R-75 to
use as a doorstop would be redundant. You've already got you head to act
in that capacity. And, it is far better suited to the task.

LOL!

I love it. Thanks Mike

Lucky

Old July 13th 05, 12:18 AM
craigm

"Michael" wrote:

I find that there isn't anything that I can hear with
the R-75 that I can hear with more expensive radios.

That's true. Images, birdies, artifacts, intermodulation products --
it's all there.

The R-75 is dumpster fodder. Value? yep. Value for money? yep.
Absolutely a good value? Not even close.

You need to experience a truly good radio. See
http://www.sherweng.com for some guidelines.

Let me get this straight..... "Dumpster Fodder ???" Your getting carried
away....

Recommend a better radio that will have a PRACTICAL improvement over an R-75
without spending over $ 1,000.00 Please dont spit out specs that hardly
differ from that of the R-75 and are not statistically significant
PRACTICALLY speaking.

Tell me what radio NEW out of the box will give me a PRACTICAL improvement
on my R-75 for under $1,000.00 and I'll buy it this week. Remember, this is
for DX'ing. I dont want a boom box.

Michael

Can you list the radios that fall in the $500-$1000 price range the
might be candidates for comparison? They would have to be generally
available within the US.

The radios in the list I'm asking for don't have to meet your "PRACTICAL
improvement" criteria.

What does "statistically significant PRACTICALLY speaking" mean?

craigm

Old July 13th 05, 12:21 AM
dxAce

"Michael" wrote:

I find that there isn't anything that I can hear with
the R-75 that I can hear with more expensive radios.

That's true. Images, birdies, artifacts, intermodulation products --
it's all there.

The R-75 is dumpster fodder. Value? yep. Value for money? yep.
Absolutely a good value? Not even close.

You need to experience a truly good radio. See
http://www.sherweng.com for some guidelines.

I personally think you made a fool out of yourself with your drivel and
that's about it.

If you think Sherwood Engineering is drivel then you are far more stupid than
I've been led to believe, 'tard boy.

Old July 13th 05, 01:53 AM
Michael

"Michael" wrote:

[...]

Other then a few computer controlled alternatives, there are no other
choices other then the R-75. That's the larger point.

The radios in the list I'm asking for don't have to meet your "PRACTICAL
improvement" criteria.

What does "statistically significant PRACTICALLY speaking" mean?

craigm

Meaning exactly as stated. Here is an example:

The Drake R-8 was tested to have a sensitivity of 0.25 and 0.18 with the pre
amp on.

The R-75 was tested to have a sensitivy of 0.5 and .02 with the first level
pre amp on

The Kenwood R-5000 was tested to have a sensitivity of .02

The NRD-525 was tested to have a sensitivity of .02

OK, what do you say ???? You can see what receiver gets the better test
numbers here. Think it matters PRACTICALLY speaking given what typical
noise floors are ??? Would you feel it was worth it to spend a few thousand
dollars to get that extra decimal ??? This applies equally to other values.

Do you understand my point yet ????

Michael

Old July 13th 05, 03:33 AM
m II

In a completely surprising posting, dxAce wrote:

Keep trying 'tard, and I'll keep laughing!

....yawwwnnnn....

mike
Old July 13th 05, 03:50 AM

Michael wrote:

Other then a few computer controlled alternatives, there are no other
choices other then the R-75. That's the larger point.

Michael

Well, there's the Palstar R30C and R30CC:

http://www.rffun.com/catalog/commrxvr/0330.html

Steve

PETE [KE9OA] 'status report' on the AM/MW Receiver Project Pete KE9OA Shortwave 2 February 24th 05 08:45 AM
RHF Displays His Card-Carrying Member Status in the Rat-Fink Society bpnjensen Shortwave 0 November 16th 04 04:54 PM
GCN Status? Ernie Shortwave 0 November 7th 04 11:17 PM
Restoring the status quo of Ham Radio Airy R. Bean Homebrew 62 March 22nd 04 07:05 AM
Status of Shortwave. Vijay Shortwave 47 January 2nd 04 03:17 PM