Old July 14th 05, 05:34 AM
scott

Default *** SHORTWAVE IS DEAD WHY BOTHER?????

diminished international broadcasts...bpl coming....why bother with sw
anymore

Old July 14th 05, 10:38 AM

scott wrote:
diminished international broadcasts...bpl coming....why bother with sw
anymore

Oh, I don't know. Because everything else sucks, I guess.

Steve

Old July 14th 05, 11:59 AM
dxAce

scott wrote:

diminished international broadcasts...bpl coming....why bother with sw
anymore

Then why are you still here, 'tard?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 14th 05, 12:11 PM
Jim Douglas

You are right, life's not worth living, If I was you I would shoot myself!
Do it quickly!

oups.com...

Old July 14th 05, 04:09 PM
KNRX

Really, what's on shortwave these days? I am in Boston and I own a
Sony ICF-5900W which I used to listen to the BBC back in the 1980s.
Now I can get the BBC on the Internet or one of the local NPR FM
stations. I have not used it in a long while and would like to dust it
off and do something useful with it.

Old July 14th 05, 04:14 PM
Frank Dresser

"KNRX" wrote in message
oups.com...
Really, what's on shortwave these days? I am in Boston and I own a
Sony ICF-5900W which I used to listen to the BBC back in the 1980s.
Now I can get the BBC on the Internet or one of the local NPR FM
stations. I have not used it in a long while and would like to dust it
off and do something useful with it.

Domestic shortwave radio offers a wealth of conspiracy theories and end time
prophesies.

Frank Dresser

Old July 14th 05, 04:36 PM
KNRX

HA HA HAAA! You are a funny guy! I have had my surfeit of conspiracy
theories and eschatology.

Old July 14th 05, 04:37 PM

Various large, AM broadcasters like BBC, Radio Netherlands, Radio
Vilnius, Radio Ukraine International, etc. You could also monitor
marine communcitions, aeronautical communications, amateur radio
operators, coast guard, military, MARS nets, and so on and so on. Take
your pick!

Steve

Old July 14th 05, 05:43 PM
lsmyer

This same statement could have been used about CB radio in 1980. By then,
the 70s CB craze was dead as disco, and sunspots made local CB use
impossible. So most people left the CB world and went elsewhere.

But CB didn't go anywhere. Vacationers and truckers still depend heavily on
CB to find out about ever-changing road conditions, closings, safety
concerns, and speed traps. Even in this age of GPS and cell phones, nothing
serves the same function as good old channel 19.

And yes, we also need to know Smokey shooting radar every People who
drive cross is still there, and truckers and cross-country

Old July 14th 05, 06:26 PM
David

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:43:09 -0400, "lsmyer"
wrote:

This same statement could have been used about CB radio in 1980. By then,
the 70s CB craze was dead as disco, and sunspots made local CB use
impossible. So most people left the CB world and went elsewhere.

But CB didn't go anywhere. Vacationers and truckers still depend heavily on
CB to find out about ever-changing road conditions, closings, safety
concerns, and speed traps. Even in this age of GPS and cell phones, nothing
serves the same function as good old channel 19.

That paints a rosy view of the future...