Old July 16th 05, 03:05 AM

Default uh huh,

I have to watch The Yellow Rolls Royce movie on tb now.Back in the
1940's,Rolls Royce had a factory in Massatwobumps.The American Rolls
Royce factory was building them better (go research it,if y'all don't
believe me) and much more reliable than the factory in limeyland.Look at
what happened when Jaguar merged with Ford.
cuhulin

Old July 16th 05, 03:48 PM
Mark S. Holden

Jim Douglas wrote:

The "Royce Rolls" movie?

wrote in message

I have to watch The Yellow Rolls Royce movie on tb now.Back in the
1940's,Rolls Royce had a factory in Massatwobumps.The American Rolls
Royce factory was building them better (go research it,if y'all don't
believe me) and much more reliable than the factory in limeyland.Look at
what happened when Jaguar merged with Ford.
cuhulin

There is a movie titled "The Yellow Rolls Royce". It's three short
stories about the lives of people while they own a particular car.

See:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059927/

The Springfield plant was open from 1921 to 1931.

Springfield cars command a premium today because back when they were
being built, folks wanted the ones that were made in England. Total US
production was less than 3000 cars.

I'm not aware of any credible claims that ones from either side of the
pond were more reliable.

Old July 16th 05, 04:00 PM

To heck with the car,I like Shirley MacLaine in that movie :{) Hey,would
I not?
Back in the 1920's/1930's,(somewhere around there) Mercedes Benz and
Fiat had factorys in New York and around that same time frame
era,Chevrolet and Harley Davidson had factorys in China.Dont't forget
about tomorrorrrr,,,, for tomorrow comes too late,,,,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old July 16th 05, 04:07 PM

The Springfield factory's Roll Royce official explanation in limeyland
was Rolls Royce cars weren't selling too well in America.(now I ask
y'all,were they or were they not?) At the Rolls Royce factory in
Massatwobumps,they were useing some American made parts.Go figure.I have
stacks and stacks of books here about antique automobiles.
cuhulin

Old July 16th 05, 04:11 PM

Hobble Hobble Dobble Dobble.I have an old Popular Science magazine here
which dates back to about 1961 and an article in there says the new
Rolls Royce automobiles,priced at $12,000.
cuhulin

Old July 16th 05, 04:14 PM

Packard,Peerless and Pierce Arrow.And Henry Ford put the World on
Wheels.I own a 1914 Ford Runabout Roadster Car.
cuhulin

Old July 16th 05, 05:39 PM

Rolls Royce factory in America.(I don't need to dig out my books about
that) They had American rear ends/differentials,transmissions (yes,I
know,Rolls Royce transmissions,limeyland,forget that) electrical wireing
harnesses,some other American things.Fact remains,inrefutable fact,the
Rolls Royce factory in America built much better and much more reliable
Rolls Royce vehicles than the limeys ever did.
cuhulin

Old July 16th 05, 05:42 PM

I am Scotch Irish by ancestry.I HATE brits!!! I like only American brand
name vehicles manufactured in America.
cuhulin