Old July 18th 05, 03:16 AM
mike maghakian

Default new 2010 upgrades on my web site!

If you own a 2010, be sure to check the new 2010 section on my web site for
some never before seen mods of my own design.

http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian

and go to the tips section

Old July 18th 05, 12:59 PM

mike maghakian wrote:
If you own a 2010, be sure to check the new 2010 section on my web site for
some never before seen mods of my own design.

http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian

and go to the tips section

Interesting. Thanks for posting this.

I noticed on your site that you recently acquired a Drake R7. How are
you finding it?

Steve

Old July 18th 05, 07:37 PM
Volker Tonn

mike maghakian schrieb:

If you own a 2010, be sure to check the new 2010 section on my web site for
some never before seen mods of my own design.

http://home.comcast.net/~maghakian

and go to the tips section

Modifying the battery compartment and the speaker are good for people
carrying around with their 2010. I use it as a bedside radio -with
headphones mostly -.

I have my 2010 (2001D export model with "Air" button) modified with
other IF-filters. A little more narrow ones in both positions. 8kc
(Murata CFW) in the 'wide' and a 4kc (Murata CFJ) in the'narrow'
position. This fits best in the european situation with 9kc spacing on
MW BCB in europe and the 5kc spacing on SW BCB. "Fidelity" on SW is
something you must not dream of here in europe.... I also added a 2nd
filter of 2,4kc (Murata CFJ) to the 'narrow' position with a 2x(2x4)
switch. This is *great* for SSB.
I also did the AGC mod and made it switchable for 'fast' and 'slow'. The
additional diodes mod to the antenna input to prevent statics blowing
the input stage are a real must.
The mods are easy to find in the web.