Old July 26th 05, 10:57 PM
Nic. Santean

Default place to buy ATS909

Which is the best place to buy an ATS909? Are the "mods" worth it? Who does
them best?

Nic.

Old July 26th 05, 11:41 PM

www.ccrane.com sells them and www.jr.com sells some Sangean
radios too. www.rense.com has (or used to have) a link about
modifications for Sangean radios,or maybe it was at
www.coasttocoastam.com where I once saw that link.A
www.devilfinder.com search for,Sangean Radios might turn up some more
links.I have read a few times before though that the LCD display panels
on those Sangean radios don't hold up well.I bought two Sangean radios
about seven years ago.I sent them back to Bob Crane because in my
opinion,they are over priced and not any good.
cuhulin

Old July 27th 05, 12:21 AM
John Smith

U2FuZ2VhbiByZW1pbmRzIG1lIG9mIGFuIG92ZXIgcHJpY2VkIG RlZ2VuLi4uDQoNCkpvaG4NCg0K
PGN1aHVsaW5Ad2VidHYubmV0PiB3cm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlIG 5ld3M6ODUwNy00MkU2QkMyQi04
OTZAc3RvcmVmdWxsLTMyNTMuYmF5LndlYnR2Lm5ldC4uLg0KPi B3d3cuY2NyYW5lLmNvbSAgIHNl
bGxzIHRoZW0gYW5kICAgIHd3dy5qci5jb20gICAgc2VsbHMgc2 9tZSBTYW5nZWFuDQo+IHJhZGlv
cyB0b28uICAgICB3d3cucmVuc2UuY29tICAgaGFzIChvciB1c2 VkIHRvIGhhdmUpIGEgbGluayBh
Ym91dA0KPiBtb2RpZmljYXRpb25zIGZvciBTYW5nZWFuIHJhZG lvcyxvciBtYXliZSBpdCB3YXMg
YXQNCj4gd3d3LmNvYXN0dG9jb2FzdGFtLmNvbSAgIHdoZXJlIE kgb25jZSBzYXcgdGhhdCBsaW5r
LkENCj4gd3d3LmRldmlsZmluZGVyLmNvbSAgIHNlYXJjaCBmb3 IsU2FuZ2VhbiBSYWRpb3MgbWln
aHQgdHVybiB1cCBzb21lIG1vcmUNCj4gbGlua3MuSSBoYXZlIH JlYWQgYSBmZXcgdGltZXMgYmVm
b3JlIHRob3VnaCB0aGF0IHRoZSBMQ0QgZGlzcGxheSBwYW5lbH MNCj4gb24gdGhvc2UgU2FuZ2Vh
biByYWRpb3MgZG9uJ3QgaG9sZCB1cCB3ZWxsLkkgYm91Z2h0IH R3byBTYW5nZWFuIHJhZGlvcw0K
PiBhYm91dCBzZXZlbiB5ZWFycyBhZ28uSSBzZW50IHRoZW0gYm FjayB0byBCb2IgQ3JhbmUgYmVj
YXVzZSBpbiBteQ0KPiBvcGluaW9uLHRoZXkgYXJlIG92ZXIgcH JpY2VkIGFuZCBub3QgYW55IGdv
b2QuICANCj4gY3VodWxpbg0KPg==

Old July 27th 05, 12:26 AM
David

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:41:47 -0500, wrote:

www.ccrane.com sells them and www.jr.com sells some Sangean
radios too. www.rense.com has (or used to have) a link about
modifications for Sangean radios,or maybe it was at
www.coasttocoastam.com where I once saw that link.A
www.devilfinder.com search for,Sangean Radios might turn up some more
links.I have read a few times before though that the LCD display panels
on those Sangean radios don't hold up well.I bought two Sangean radios
about seven years ago.I sent them back to Bob Crane because in my
opinion,they are over priced and not any good.
cuhulin

Ham Radio Outlet's about $240 on that puppy.

http://www.hamradio.com/cgi-bin/uncgi/ase?MAN=Sangean

Old July 27th 05, 01:54 AM
Al Arduengo

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:57:06 -0400, Nic. Santean wrote:

Which is the best place to buy an ATS909? Are the "mods" worth it? Who does
them best?

Nic.

I have a Super ATS-909 I will sell you for $175.

Old July 27th 05, 02:25 AM

So why did I send them back? Glad you asked.The first one I bought from
www.ccrane.com (by the way,their website is down right now for
maintance) was the one with AM/FM/Weather and a couple of tv bands.That
radio didn't impress me at all,Period! At the same time,I bought one of
those antenna booster thingys with the round knob in the middle of it,it
made absolutely no difference at all with helping to pick up long
distance AM stations,I sent it back too.(and the sound quality isn't all
that good either) The second one I bought from them was an ATS 909 and I
even paid about $35.00 extra for the fine tuning thingy (or whatever
they call it,I don't remember if it was on that radio or the other
radio) That radio didn't impress me either,Period!.If I ever buy another
Sangean radio,it will be at the Goodwill thrift store or a similar
store.
cuhulin

Old July 27th 05, 03:36 AM
David

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:25:38 -0500, wrote:

[...]

I have an ATS-606A that is a very good performer, especially with
headphones.

The better the built-in antenna, the less improvement you'll notice
with one of those external tuned passive booster things.

Old July 27th 05, 04:16 AM
zebco733

ATS909 with mods

Radio Labs (www.radiolabs.com) offers the ATS909 with mods - the "Super
909"

Old July 27th 05, 04:19 AM

I don't own one,but from what I have read of people's comments before in
this news group about the Sony 7600 GR radios,I think they are a good
buy for $149.88 at www.jr.com Most of my old radios I own do a good
enough job at picking up radio stations for me.Last year I bought a
Linksys Wireless B Music System internet radio.I use it wirelessly
around my house and I can use it up to about a 100 feet away out in my
yard if I want to.I bought it for about $149.00 at a wal mart store.
www.devilfinder.com Linksys Wireless B Music System
cuhulin

Old July 27th 05, 04:23 AM

radiolabs.com That is the website I was talking about that used to be at
the top of the page at www.rense.com
cuhulin

Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM
Best place for power supply [email protected] Homebrew 8 January 20th 05 03:43 AM
Best Place to Buy a GE Super Radio III? Dan Graves Shortwave 8 May 4th 04 10:50 PM
What's Wrong With This Place? Lenny Shortwave 11 April 4th 04 10:01 AM